“My #1 Breakfast Stop in Rapid City!”
Review of Ron's Cafe

Ron's Cafe
Ranked #25 of 276 Restaurants in Rapid City
Reviewed 21 February 2017

There's lots of places to eat breakfast in Rapid City. But there is only one place that I really like to go. Ron's Cafe. It's a tiny hidden little gem next to and behind Everest Cuisine.

I have been here numerous times and the food is consistently good. The place is consistently packed and busy. The customer service for me has always been good, but I have heard others say they had a bad experience. I don't really care. Small diners are for good affordable comfort food, and that's what Ron delivers.

It is not open on weekends, which is a sore spot for me. I don't generally have time during the weekday to go there. So consequently I only get to go there every now and then. The hours are 7am to 2pm, Mon-Fri.

Whatever you get off the menu will be delicious and hot. I am particular to the corned beef hash omelet and the hot chicken dinner. Very good! Go there, you won't be disappointed. Be nice to the overworked staff. They have a tough job!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I ate at Ron's in early September, but his awesome food and the great service still resonate 3 months later.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Found Ron's Cafe on TripAdvisor while planning our recent trip to the Black Hills. If you're in the area and in the mood for an awesome breakfast, go local and eat at Ron's. Everything from the kitchen is mouthwatering. Biscuits and gravy are flawless and clearly made from scratch. Omelets come with fresh, house-made salsa. The only waitress, Suzie, handles the whole dining room with ease. She keeps coffee and juice flowing with a delightfully friendly attitude. Make time to eat at Ron's - you'll be glad you did!

2  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Come hungry! Try the pancakes or his homemade corned beef hash..just be sure to be ready for some fantastical home cooking!

2  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

While traveling, I tried this place based on the very positive TA reviews. I was not disappointed. Almost immediately upon sitting down I had two waitresses ask me what I wanted to drink. I had a basic omelet with sausage and cheese. After ordering, I overhead another customer ordering tomatoes as a side. I did not know that was an option, so I asked if I could change, even though my order had been placed for a while. My waitress cheerfully made the change and said it was no problem. How refreshing!! Also, she kept my coffee cup filled - always a good thing.
Highly recommended.