“Authentic Middle Eastern Food”

Sanaa s Gourmet Mediterranean
Ranked #14 of 424 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Sanaa's is hands down my favorite restaurant in South Dakota. The chef-owner learned to cook in her native Syria and then attended Cordon Bleu in Paris for two years. Her cuisine highlights the home cooking of the Middle East. Saturday lunch is the best time to come because the restaurant offers a buffet with 3 kinds of breads, 3 appetizers, soup, a couple of salads, rice, and at least 3 main dishes. Don't miss the muhamara, a roasted red pepper and walnut spread made with pomegranate molasses. The main dishes rotate but generally offer a traditional kefta and a moussaka type dish. Try everything, but leave room for the homemade desserts. The baklava is heavenly beyond reason. The fennel cookies are amazing. Buy a plate of goodies to share with your dining companions and go back for more.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I love eating at Sannaas. The food is made fresh every morning- including the Pitas! There are so many choices of fantastic new things to try out. The best part is .. the food is so healthy. Tons of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options! Plus the desserts she makes- make sure to save room!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I had the special of the day: Spinach and Walnut Fatayer with Tabbouli Salad and Saffron Rice. Was excellent! Staff was exceedingly helpful. This will be a must for my trips back to this area.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I visited Sanaa's recently on her prodding. We were greeted at the door by a friendly host and were informed of the restaurant and its options and were seated. This was on a Friday evening and buffet was the only offering, however it was pretty good. They cater to alternative diets such as vegan, gluten free etc and I was impressed with the taste being a "meat eater". The sound quality was poor due to the concrete walls and ceilings so a quiet conversation was not possible. I cant say I would eat here often, only because I prefer a softer setting and more options.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Sanaa's food is always fresh and delicious. She has been, in our opinion, the best chef in town for many years and we are so fortunate to have her restaurant to visit regularly. We go every week because the food is great, the place is unique and we are treated like family. Please try it if you haven't, especially Friday evening or Saturday lunch buffet. This way you can try a variety of items she has to offer. You won't regret it. The desserts are also very special and unforgettable!