Prairie Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Home Towne Inn(Elk Point)
Crossroads Motel(Beresford)
View Hotel
All reviewsbowling alleyin townbiscuits and gravyguest laundryhot breakfastmcdonaldsrefrigeratorinterior
Reviewed 14 June 2015

The Inn was not worth the price we paid. We made a reservation 2 months in advance because of a wedding and when I checked on the reservation 2 weeks before we were to arrive, they had no record. The same thing happened to others in the wedding party. After a second phone call we got our room for 3 nights, Although we requested a first floor, because of our age, we ended up on the second floor, no elevators. The breakfast was very basic, again, not worth the price. The room was very noisy. You could hear every footstep that went down the hall.

Room Tip: Not worth the price
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2015

The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly. Pretty basic things like soap, shampoo were at a minimum. The drink machine wouldn't except bills, change only (it was broken). The overall experience was pleasant. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety.

Room Tip: stay away from the lobby area. There's a bar next door that got very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2015

We were given our reservation here by my fiance's work company. We got to our room, which is a clean room with comfortable beds. It is an older hotel but still a good place to stay with a few issues. We would have prefered one bed and a sofa however. The rooms are joined which both surprised me and concerned me a bit. We can hear our room neighbors. When I went to do laundry, the laundry room was locked so I had to call down to have it opened and the dryer wasn't working so I had to carry heavy wet clothes downstairs to be dried in the hotel dryer. Breakfast is the same as most places...cereal and waffles, but is well stocked and the breakfast area is clean. Also, online it said that it had a picnic area. I looked and all I saw is a picnic table by the road. The workout area has a few machines. The staff was helpful. but upon asking for more coffee, I was given 1....yep one and there are two of us staying here, so we went and got a coffee pot and a can of coffee. There are a few good places to eat in the area but NO decent shopping. Not even a $ general or family $. There is a grocery store and thank goodness a Walmart. So any shopping you want to do even for just general stuff, you go to walmart or to another town. So all in all, this is a decent place to stay with clean rooms and comfortable beds. I would not know about the value however, since the company paid for our stay.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheri B
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Our friends stayed in a more expensive motel down the road; when we went to visit them, I can't say it was any better than our room, honestly. One of the most interesting things that happened is that I and three of my kids checked in, hauled our bags to our room, went to the bathroom, checked out the tv, etc. We were headed to Yankton to visit our friends, so after about 20 minutes of playing in the room, we went out to our van. Lo and behold, my son had left the side door of the van open. My heart sunk as I walked up to it. However, all the iPods, electronics, MY PURSE and everything was still in the van. The breakfast was great and well-stocked. It's not as new as some of the other motels, but it's a great value!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

So we were given reservation here by my husband's company for work. When we got to the room it was a two been queen (oh and the rooms are a joining). Nothing extravagant. I went to open the blinds the we are on the first store window facing the parking lot. So don't think your going to be able the blinds cause you can't there just a heavy blinds no little curtain behind it. our window had a huge crack in it and it was being held together by tape which was beyond redicless.the work out room is a joke And if you like waffles and cereal then this is the breakfast for you cause that's all you get. The thing that really got me was when house keeping came to clean the room they knocked once then 3 seconds later opened the door I mean I didn't even have enough time to get up and get to the door before they opened it. And I didn't want the room cleaned so I only told then we need new towls. We left about an hour and a half later they came back to they room and clean when we weren't there which really bothered me. If the room wasn't paid for by my husband's company I would of left. But I will definitely never come back here.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business