“Amazing recovery”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amerigo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moores Lane
Description: For over 25 years, Amerigo has been a local Nashville favorite. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. Reservations, private dining and catering services are available for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I went to Amerigo's in Cool Springs tonight and had an amazing experience. The service was sub par and the food was overcooked (both unusual for this place) but that is when the amazement occurred. The General Manager stopped by our table to check on us and realized we had stopped eating our food. He inquired why and we told him. He immediately acknowledged the issue, apologized and tried to replace it. We had eaten enough of the bread and pasta portion of the dishes and lost the desire to continue eating. He then returned to offer dessert and said the meal was on him. Great recovery Jonathan! Then to top it off he offered a return visit on him. We eat out a lot and I don't know about your experiences but I rarely see that kind of recovery for a bad experience. I will be back and in the meantime I am going to tell everyone at work what a good experience I had. By the way the dish I ordered was chicken Tuscany and had real potential. I usually order fish but was in the mood to venture out and try something new. I would recommend you give it a try. If you are from out of town I can assure you the Nashville area restaurant scene has given up customer care for trendy décor and small portions for twice the price.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you sharing your feedback on your recent visit to Amerigo. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with food and service but am glad to know we were able to make things right for you during your visit. I see that you're a seafood fan and highly recommend trying the cedar roasted fish of the day on your next visit-- it's one of our most popular menu items! Thanks again for the four stars; we look forward to seeing you and your wife back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My family and I stopped in to eat at Amerigo's and it was delicious. The servings were over sized yet the price was reasonable. The taste was fantastic too! The wait staff were all professional and friendly as well.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the review! It's a pleasure to hear both food and service were enjoyed during your recent visit to Amerigo. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and hope to see you back again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love Italian food and have enjoyed our special occasions dining at Amerigo's. The most recent visit was to celebrate our wedding anniversary and have a nice atmosphere where you can actually have a conversation without a lot of background noise. We finished the wonderful meal with our favorite dessert - Tiramasu! It is made in house and is the BEST! It is a large portion, so we always share it.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the five stars! It's a pleasure to hear we've been able to celebrate so many special occasions with you and your husband over the years. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you back for some tiramisu again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We went with our waiter's suggestions and were really happy we did. Food was amazing. The only reason I gave it a 4 star is because it was so dimly lit, I had to use my phone for light. I don't like eating in almost total dark - I like to see my food. I would go back during the day because the food was great.

4Top_Hospitality, Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Hi Chris,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to Amerigo. It's a pleasure to hear the food was enjoyable! We do dim our lights for dinner service, although it sounds like they may have been turned down a bit too much in this case; I apologize for how this may have negatively impacted your dining experience with us and will be sure to address this with our team. Thanks again for the review; we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I was here for a business dinner, however the service was impeccable and jovial.

They had some great local craft brews on draft and a good wine selection as well.

The food was on point. The calamari was great, and I had the fish of the day which I believe was red snapper that day, which was buttery, perfectly prepared, and well portioned.

Can't wait to go back, great place!

Hello,

Thank you for the review! It's wonderful to hear that our staff provided a memorable dining experience and food and drink were enjoyed as well. We appreciate the five stars and hope to see you next time you're in town!