“It's a family thing!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Whenever my family wants to celebrate over a fantastic meal, we choose Shogun. Birthdays are especially cool to enjoy with the unique style of the dexterous cooks. Their little show before they start to cook is delightful! My favorite dish is the steak and shrimp with vegetables. And the rice alone is worth the trip over there!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Ate here with friends. A wet noodle had more pizazz than our cook. The one at one of the four grills at the other end was setting his on fire and flipping through things while ours turned it over limply. No showmanship or entertainment value whatsoever. I could have sat at a table. I saw more action in the Chinese Buffet on Nolensville Pike for a lot less money and can pile on the shrimp. In one word, disappointed. The salad was some lettuce thrown in a bowl with some pink dressing that I think was supposed to pass for Thousand Island. Not sure. I was not given the choice. The soup was broth with one leafy something in it that I could not identity. Rice was okay but on dry side. The steak was tender and the only thing in the entire meal worth talking about.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I'd eaten at Shoguns. My daughter wanted to go there for her birthday dinner. The night did not start very well. We got there about 5 minutes before our reservation time and were told it would be about 10 to 20 minutes before our table was ready. Given that Shoguns is a restaurant/entertainment experience there is a risk of patrons staying longer than anticipated, so not hitting reservations on time is somewhat understanding. Once at our table we ordered drinks and waited for our chef to arrive. There were 4 people in our party and we were seated with another family of 5 (3 of which were elementary age kids). We waited a 10+ minutes for drinks (4 waters 2 wines one beer one Diet Coke). We got 2 wines, one of which was wrong, one water and the Diet Coke. We shared the water amongst the 4 of us. I finally went and asked someone, the manager, to bring our drinks. At this point we were still waiting for our chef. The chef arrived and did his thing. It was fun to watch, and The food was good and plentiful. I had a filet mignon medium rare and it was very good. Overall the experience was satisfactory, but I wouldn't go back. Oh yeah, when we got home I found soy sauce splatters all over my shirt. I can be a sloppy eater, but it's usually with BBQ or hotdogs.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Not a lot to add except to say it's decent food at the expected price point. The entertainment value was ok....nothing better or worse than other ones I've been to. Service was adequate without standing out. Oddly, they don't have any ketchup. Neither of the kids liked the food and our daughter (20 months) got ill the next morning.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Our family loves hibachi restaurants. Entertaining. Tasty. Something different from the norm. Shogun is the only Hibachi in this general area. It's straight up the middle what you would expect at a hibachi restaurant. Kinda pricey. Pretty good. But there is no wow factor here. And the place itself has a tired and dirty feeling to it. I feel like if the owners put some money in to it to clean and fancy it up a little, it would make a huge difference. There are so many nice restaurants around here - lots of competition. And the overall ambiance of this restaurant keeps me from wanting to go there often.

One tip is you can pay a fee to split an entree ($8.95 I believe) which is more than enough food. We will choose an entree with two meats so ordering that way is a great value. Also, you can request double fried rice instead of vegetables. The fried rice always seems to be the draw anyway, so why not double up if you aren't going to eat the vegetables! That's what my kids do. That is not on the menu and most people are not aware that is an option. I would actually give them 4 stars if the inside was nice and cleaner because the food is not bad.

It's a great place to celebrate a birthday. They will sing to you and bring the birthday person a free dessert.