“Pass”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Husband and I did not stay when the hostess couldn't tell us if the salmon was farmed or wild she offered no help and just stood there looking confused. We left and went to The Sportsman Grille. Excellent all the way around.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Shogun used to be one of our favorite places to go, especially with our children when they were younger. But, it seems Shogun is going on a negative transformation over the past few years. Smaller food portions for the same big price is one thing. But the sadder thing is the service. The last couple times we've gone, no one that worked there was smiling and frankly we felt like we were a bump on their butt just for walking in the door.. The Habachi cook acted like he would rather be anywhere but there cooking, which is SUPPOSED to be a fun, entertaining experience. NOT. Doubt seriously we will be back.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Whenever my family wants to celebrate over a fantastic meal, we choose Shogun. Birthdays are especially cool to enjoy with the unique style of the dexterous cooks. Their little show before they start to cook is delightful! My favorite dish is the steak and shrimp with vegetables. And the rice alone is worth the trip over there!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Ate here with friends. A wet noodle had more pizazz than our cook. The one at one of the four grills at the other end was setting his on fire and flipping through things while ours turned it over limply. No showmanship or entertainment value whatsoever. I could have sat at a table. I saw more action in the Chinese Buffet on Nolensville Pike for a lot less money and can pile on the shrimp. In one word, disappointed. The salad was some lettuce thrown in a bowl with some pink dressing that I think was supposed to pass for Thousand Island. Not sure. I was not given the choice. The soup was broth with one leafy something in it that I could not identity. Rice was okay but on dry side. The steak was tender and the only thing in the entire meal worth talking about.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I'd eaten at Shoguns. My daughter wanted to go there for her birthday dinner. The night did not start very well. We got there about 5 minutes before our reservation time and were told it would be about 10 to 20 minutes before our table was ready. Given that Shoguns is a restaurant/entertainment experience there is a risk of patrons staying longer than anticipated, so not hitting reservations on time is somewhat understanding. Once at our table we ordered drinks and waited for our chef to arrive. There were 4 people in our party and we were seated with another family of 5 (3 of which were elementary age kids). We waited a 10+ minutes for drinks (4 waters 2 wines one beer one Diet Coke). We got 2 wines, one of which was wrong, one water and the Diet Coke. We shared the water amongst the 4 of us. I finally went and asked someone, the manager, to bring our drinks. At this point we were still waiting for our chef. The chef arrived and did his thing. It was fun to watch, and The food was good and plentiful. I had a filet mignon medium rare and it was very good. Overall the experience was satisfactory, but I wouldn't go back. Oh yeah, when we got home I found soy sauce splatters all over my shirt. I can be a sloppy eater, but it's usually with BBQ or hotdogs.