“Japanese Birthday”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Went to Shogun for my son's birthday. Food was exceptional as always, show was good. They sang a Japanese Birthday song and gave him cheesecake and the rest ice cream. Was really nice

1  Thank GregPhillips

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Husband and I did not stay when the hostess couldn't tell us if the salmon was farmed or wild she offered no help and just stood there looking confused. We left and went to The Sportsman Grille. Excellent all the way around.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Shogun used to be one of our favorite places to go, especially with our children when they were younger. But, it seems Shogun is going on a negative transformation over the past few years. Smaller food portions for the same big price is one thing. But the sadder thing is the service. The last couple times we've gone, no one that worked there was smiling and frankly we felt like we were a bump on their butt just for walking in the door.. The Habachi cook acted like he would rather be anywhere but there cooking, which is SUPPOSED to be a fun, entertaining experience. NOT. Doubt seriously we will be back.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Whenever my family wants to celebrate over a fantastic meal, we choose Shogun. Birthdays are especially cool to enjoy with the unique style of the dexterous cooks. Their little show before they start to cook is delightful! My favorite dish is the steak and shrimp with vegetables. And the rice alone is worth the trip over there!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Ate here with friends. A wet noodle had more pizazz than our cook. The one at one of the four grills at the other end was setting his on fire and flipping through things while ours turned it over limply. No showmanship or entertainment value whatsoever. I could have sat at a table. I saw more action in the Chinese Buffet on Nolensville Pike for a lot less money and can pile on the shrimp. In one word, disappointed. The salad was some lettuce thrown in a bowl with some pink dressing that I think was supposed to pass for Thousand Island. Not sure. I was not given the choice. The soup was broth with one leafy something in it that I could not identity. Rice was okay but on dry side. The steak was tender and the only thing in the entire meal worth talking about.