“Sentimental Goodbye”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It seems like for the last 5 years we have had 20 celebratory dinners at this restaurant. On Saturday, I took my family one last time to celebrate my son moving to Japan. The chef on this occasion was extremely engaging encouraging all parties to participate in "catch the rice ball!" Although the food is average and slightly overpriced, it will always be sentimental favorite due to the many years of memories.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this Shogun several times. The food quality and chef presentation at the grill are just ok. I seldom get a really entertaining cook.

The food is also just average.

If you want a basic Japanese steakhouse experience, this place is good. Also, the prices are set at a reasonable level for the quality. As an example, I took 8 people to dinner. The bill was $165 (no alcohol) before tip. Most people ordered the hibachi chicken or hibachi shrimp meals.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I've always enjoyed the atmosphere and food. They even allowed, during the busy Christmas season (Christmas Eve), for my friend to dress up in a huge blow up T-Rex costume to come in and surprise me for my birthday! It was the best and the staff was wonderful. The food is still amazing, the proportions have always been more than the average person can eat (and still is) and the Hibatchi cooks, as always remain entertaining.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Went to Shogun for my son's birthday. Food was exceptional as always, show was good. They sang a Japanese Birthday song and gave him cheesecake and the rest ice cream. Was really nice

1  Thank GregPhillips
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Husband and I did not stay when the hostess couldn't tell us if the salmon was farmed or wild she offered no help and just stood there looking confused. We left and went to The Sportsman Grille. Excellent all the way around.