“BEST REUBEN IN CHATTANOOGA”
Review of Honest Pint

Honest Pint
Ranked #102 of 886 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 July 2016

My grandson & I have lunch once a week...we try to go to different restaurants in all areas of Chattanooga, We returned to Honest Pint....I got Reuben...my grandson got fish & chips. Both of us really enjoyed our meal...generous portions..very extensive menu

1  Thank hcohn31

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Excellent "jam" burger and best tater tots ever. Another great dining spot that was recommended to us out of towners. Cheers!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Great food and some fun as well. They have a no-smoking rule, so for a pub, that's a good thing. They have a large bar and have plenty of seating. At times they have live music, which is very good. They have pool tables and several other games to play, a great place to hang out at..

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Most places that are recommended by locals are worth the effort, but as Irish Pubs go, the "Honest Pint" we rated as just OK. I love a good Ruben sandwich and my wife’s favorite is a straight corned beef on a bun without the kraut and dressing. Unfortunately we have to rate the two sandwiches served here as being sup-par compared to most well respected Irish style restaurants. The corn beef on mine was very tough and stringy and the kraut had little taste. The beef on my wife’s sandwich was fatty and did not even look like mine. After questioning that fact, they sent her out fish. Two other regular corned beefs were sent back as well. There were 11 in our group and most all had different meals. In general, we all felt disappointed, especially after walking from where the bus dropped us off. The “herder pie” was marginal, the “smoked sausage” was good and the “fish n chips” was heavily breaded. Most of the other dishes were noted to be edible but not worth writing home about. Giving credit where credit is due, the server was excellent, the prices moderate and the beer cold. Would I try it again? Probably not!

1  Thank dhandmob
Reviewed 4 June 2016

My wife and I were in Chattanooga last week and checked out Tripadvisor for some dinner suggestions. Wanted to try something different (for us) so noticed this place and decided to try it.

This is a great place to just hang out with friends, have a drink, and play some pool. We were here on a Friday night so didn't get to see it but on Sunday's (?) they also have live Irish music on stage.

Anyway, I had the Pint Dip with dark jus and my wife had the Rube. We both thoroughly enjoyed the meals - good food for a decent price. The atmosphere was wonderful as well. Everyone we talked to was very friendly and it really just felt like a place you could just chill for a while and unwind.

If we are ever up in Chattanooga again we will definitely head back here for another meal and some down time.

Matt L, Owner at Honest Pint, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Hello
Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us and we are very happy that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere of our pub. Safe travels.
Cheers