“Delightful Dining Experience”

Ranked #118 of 896 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

My wife has wanted to try Boccaccia for some time. I was hesitant because I read mixed reviews, and I made a reservation with some trepidation. I relaxed immediately upon arrival. We were welcomed by a charming maitre d', quickly seated and soon greeted by a conscientious but not overly attentive waitress. She bought us water, took our drink orders, and returned with bread and olive oil.

The atmosphere is nice, understated, light background music, two clocks on the wall, one with Chattanooga and the other with Milan time. I thought, "nice touch."

There is a very good wine list. My wife had a nero d'avola and I had a chianti. [Well, actually, she had two, and I had a vodka rocks before the wine.] We had the bruschetta appetizer, which was very good. For insalate, my wife had the arugula, and I had the mista, both of which were very good. My wife had the bolognese, which was very good, and I had the best ever ravioli. My wife's portion was so large, she brought home a box for lunch. Neither of us had room for dessert.

Boccaccia is a little pricey, but well worth it for special occasions.

1  Thank SigMtnTraveler

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My friends and I made a reservation on Saturday night 9/9/17. We arrived at 7:45 and were seated immediately. We have eaten here before and even though we had not been totally satisfied in the past, this evening really made it clear that we will never go back there again! We ordered and then waited and 1 hour and 45 minutes to get served. The waiter never explained that there was a problem or made any effort to make us feel better, i.e. offer us drinks or dessert or even thank us for waiting patiently. When I told the waiter that the two tables next to us had been served and they arrived 30 to 45 minutes after we did he said nothing. He never asked the chef or the manager to come to our table. Actually, the food was terrible when it was finally served. No attempt was made to apologize even though we told them we were dissatisfied. I would never recommend this restaurant. I have been to many restaurants in Chattanooga and we have never been so poorly treated and ignored. Take my advice, do not go to Boccaccio Italian restaurant if you want professional service and a good dinner.

1  Thank Ellyn B
Reviewed 17 August 2017

we enjoyed our meal and the setting , we were quite glad we found this restaurant when we stopped in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Living on Lookout Mountain the thought of having an Italian restaurant four miles from home was exciting. The owners are from the old country an I was looking forward to a taste of home. Nice comfortable dining room with a young staff to welcome and serve. Traditional apps, salads and entrees. The lasagna was a "C" sparce and not what the American palate is accustomed to (regional village style) homemade pasta "A+".
Reasonable pricing nice wine list and full bar.
Whatever happened to the hostess bidding a good night? Like I said young staff.

1  Thank ChattChefJoe
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We have eaten at Boccacia many times over the years and it continues to be our favorite Italian restaurant in the area. The ambiance is relaxed and casual, but the food is top notch. The extensive wine list includes many offered by the glass and a full bar is available. It is difficult to choose a favorite but the calamari is light and crispy, any of the house made pastas are delicious and I've never had an entree that wasn't excellent.
Boccacia is wonderful for date night or dinner with friends!