“Very Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I think Provino's is a hidden gem. In the mall at the end past the movie theater sets Provino's and if not told where it is you might miss it. Try it, you'll like it. We were quickly seated and I need some extra time to make my selection, I wanted to try at least 5 or 6 of them. Our waiter was very understanding. Finally chose the pasta trio which was great. My partner had a veal dish which she enjoyed very much. They also have a very good wine selection to pair with your meal. The place is dimly lit inside and a little dated but the quality of the food is worth it.
Enjoy

Reviewed 5 October 2017

As locals, we regularly go to Provino's whenever we want Italian food, but especially if one of us is having a birthday, which allows that person to have a free meal. For us, no one else in town can beat their Italian food, especially their salads and bread (unlimited portions of these can be a meal alone and we often just take our entree home). Chains like Olive Garden can't even come close to the food quality.

My birthday was Friday, September 22nd, so we headed out to try to arrive at the restaurant soon after they opened that evening to avoid the long wait coming later would cause. I typically get the meat ravioli with meat sauce and it's always hot, fresh, and wonderful. I'm not a fan of ricotta cheese, so have to avoid the dishes which have it. You also get a free dessert with the meal for your birthday as well. I have a "collection" of birthday candles they put on the dessert from the many years we've been coming here.

It was another great meal, and we continue to come back often.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We may all be growing weary of Irma 'feel good' stories but I have to share one more mainly because it culminated this evening with dinner from Provino's in Chattanooga,TN. I am in West Palm Beach, which is what makes this story and meal so special!

My Mom, sister, bunny niece and brother-in-law escaped from Hurricane Irma while I stayed remained in South Florida. As H.R. Director for a first-responder company, there was no way I could abandon our 200+ employees and be okay with that decision, but was admittedly feeling a little sorry for myself, especially since I knew their trip would evolve into a mini family reunion that would undoubtedly include dinner at Provino's, my favorite Italian restaurant EVER.

The Night of Provino's arrived and they decided to take pity on me, ordering my favorite dish along with a thick slice of rich chocolate cake to freeze and bring all the way back to South Florida for me when it was safe to return. When they explained to their server the reason behind this strange take-out order, that it was destined for the eagerly waiting taste buds of a hurricane first-responder, she passed the story on to her manager, who provided the meal AT NO CHARGE.

And so, a week and a half, one freezer and several hundred miles later, tonight I dined on cannelloni en bianco and Provino's homemade garlic rolls, courtesy of a very loving family, a kind-hearted server and generous restaurant manager. Thank you, Provino's, for your wonderful food and especially your kind heart!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Provino's has been here about 34 years.... the salad and rolls are a meal in it self.. However the Snapper Francese and all of the menu is excellent! The mamager John has been there the whole time, so its like " family"... BEST ITALIAN IN CHATTANOOGA!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I have been eating here for over 20 years. The food is always consistent, and you will leave full. The service has never been bad either in all of those years. The garlic rolls and salad hat comes out before your entree are so yummy. I could just 4 or 5 bowls of the roll and salad, and end up having to take some food home. Great for large groups!