“They must own stock in mayonaise”
Review of Ankar's Cafe

Ankar's Cafe
Ranked #371 of 922 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you like mayonnaise on everything you eat, this is the place for you. If not, be sure and tell them "no mayo". Check your food before you leave because they put it on there anyway out of habit I guess.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Tuna salad tastes like relish with a little tuna thrown in. Had to ask for a new sandwich when another customer walked up and fingered my sandwich before I could grab it, then the worker had to go ask the manager if it was ok to make me a new one. (Why would you have to ask???). I've been to this place before and wasn't all that impressed. This most recent experience didn't do them any favors in my book. Eat here if you're starving and it's the only thing nearby.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Love their gyros. Good size with lots of good tzatziki sauce. A simple diner but family owned from inceptions

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped here with my 3 kids before going next door to get my son's hair cut for a quick, late lunch. Being way past lunchtime, it was empty BUT all ingredients seemed very fresh and service was great! We will be back.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The food is just as good today as it was 20 years ago! I moved away from the area but was back in town this week and are here 3 times, never to be disappointed. Love this place!