“Wow!!!! Perfect delicious funky and casual”

HiFi Clyde's Chattanooga
Ranked #20 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Good Food. Good Drinks. Good Times.
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I was stuck in an eclipse tourism nightmare. I came to the neighborhood for a highly rated trip advisor restaurant. We where Looking for s late lunch 3:30 pm after having been stuck in long lines filled with Eclipse tourists all day. My teens where hungry and fuses where short. When we walked in to the first restaurant we got quoted a 40 minute wait for lunch at 3:30 pm on a Sunday. So I hit trip advisor and found Clyde!s on Main. Wow!!! So much more fun than than the first restaurant. It oozed a fun casual ambiance. Food was to die for! The smoked brisket, meatloaf, Mac and cheese with hot sauce and the funky chicken sandwich with multiple spices was amazing. The beer was also a delight. When I asked for a nice hoppy beer our waiter consulted with 3 other employees while the waxed poetic on the different beers! Loved my Belgian ale I ended up with. Son and husband enjoyed playing ping pong while my daughter and I enjoyed and marveled at the beer and cheese pork fried rhines. First time for my Yankee daughter experiencing those. Perfect casual meal!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went with and old friend and had a blast. The place was fun and had live music. There was a cover charge of $5 but worth it for sure.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We love Clyde's for weekend meals, meeting up with friends and showing off for out of town friends. I have never had a bad meal here and service is always top notch! Check it out! My favorite dishes are the shrimp Po Boy and smoked wings.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by for lunch. We had the glazed bacon appetizer which was pretty good. wife had the salad and baked potatoe combo, she said it was good. i had the brisket plate which was average.

we enjoyed the atmosphere, all the booths faced the bar with visibility to the stage where bands play on Friday and Saturday nights. they had a few tvs, outdoor sitting, ping pong table, couches with tables.

i would consider returning.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

First visit and looking forward to going back! We had the best service from Josh, who was very courteous and attentive the whole time. He made sure we had everything we needed and when it took a little longer for my second beer to come out, went and got it right away with no prompting from me. Exceptional service! The food was awesome, had the Choo Choo Hot Fish and my husband had the burger. We also loved the gouda mashed potatoes.

Absolutely everyone we encountered was pleasant to deal with, one minor exception was one of the hostesses. She led us outside to the patio first, it was a little hot so I asked if we could be seated inside instead. Without a word she picked up the menus, marched inside, slammed the menus on a table and walked away with out a word. Not sure what that was about, maybe she washaving a bad day. Oh well, would not deter us from going back based on the other great service we received, awesome food, and great atmosphere.