“Just OK - Problems with our room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Mayor's Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2017

In mid-September we stayed at the Mayor's Mansion Inn. The location was very convenient and close to downtown. Parking was free and very convenient. The first floor of the mansion was beautiful. The breakfasts were good. The girl who checked us in (I think her name was Rebecca) was delightful and very friendly. We appreciated her efforts to provide a pleasant stay for us.
We stayed in the Chickamauga suite. The furnishings were perfectly fine. There were several issues, however. First, we were unable to control the temperature in the room. The room was extremely cool and very humid, which created a damp, cold kind of feeling. We wore our jackets anytime we were in the room. Our sheets on the bed were so damp feeling that I slept in my street clothes the second night to avoid having contact with them. All of my clothes came back with a weird smell from the room. The second issue was the tub. It was very, very slow draining. My husband took a 10 minute shower and the tub filled up 6 inches. I tried waiting a while for it to drain before taking a shower, but it never did. I ended up stepping into scummy soapy water to take my shower. The third issue was the cleaning of the room. The bathroom was not cleaned. There was a piece of hair on the sink when we left that remained after the room was cleaned. Also, the tub was never cleaned, so on day 2, I had to step into the dirty shower. Yuck! Anyone cleaning the room should have been able to identify that there was a problem with this tub.
I would give the room a poor rating and the rest of the inn a good rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MMIowner, Owner at Mayor's Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Happy you stayed with us and that you enjoyed our common areas and our friendly staff. I remember talking with you at breakfast regarding the slow drain and making sure that it was, in fact, cleared. You indicated that all was good in that regard and I assumed that was your only issue. There are times that a slow drain is not evident to someone cleaning the room as the water used cleaning the tub doesn't generate the volume of a shower or bath.
However, re-cleaning the room after a slow drain is standard procedure and we failed you in that regard. I apologize for this and, as always, any time we fail to make a guest's stay as good as we can, we take the blame and (re-) learn the lessons of attention to detail.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We had a wonderful experience for our Bridal Shower Tea at the Mayor's Mansion in Chattanooga. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lovely. They did all the work and we had all the fun. I would highly recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for the kind words and for letting us be a part of your special day. Events like your shower are soooo much better for you and your friends when the details are not your worry. Cindi and I enjoyed having you.

We hope your new life is full of happiness.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mayor's Mansion is a wonderful, friendly and welcoming accomodation that I would highly recommend. It provides a spacious and historic accomodation with two spacious sitting rooms to relax, listen to music, read and enjoy. The owners and their staff are very welcoming and helpful. The front verandah is a delightful spot to relax and watch the world go by. Our room was fantastic, so very spacious, with seating for six, although there only two of in the room! A 24 hour com;imentary pantry was much appreciated, providing home baked cookies, refreshing drinks, fresh fruit and to-go snack bars.
The breakfasts were a little challenging for us! Some interesting combinations that we were not familiar with. However, the chef on duty did try to accomodate our requests! We were here for World Championship Ironman event. The owners were very supportive of our requirements leading up to this event, for which we are most appreciative. Thank you Cindi and Mark! We would highly recommend this accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We have so enjoyed having our "Ironman" athletes and their families over the last several years. And, we have learned that each of the competitors has a unique way of dealing with the nutritional requirements of such a grueling event. So, getting up early on "game-day" to ensure these requirements are met is something we feel is important. BTW, we always hear from our athletes and their families that Chattanooga (volunteers and coordinators) does a great job of managing these events.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while in Chattanooga last week. The B&B is very nice--really cool history. The neighborhood has lots of old houses, so take a walk and look at the house names and build dates on the sidewalk. The 3rd floor was nice and quiet. The breakfast was just okay, but really I feel that breakfast is a bonus anyway. Good place to stay with very friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We chose a lovely room in this inn -- and were not disappointed, and it was one of the cheaper rooms, too. Soft robes in the closet. All the amenities a gal needs in the bathroom. Large, high bed with a fantastic headboard. A three-course served breakfast. We had 'wine o'clock' in the evening on the wide wrap around porch with big comfy wicker rockers, while our friend played his new Tennessee banjo…then drove to an Italian restaurant suggested by our host that morning at breakfast. (Alleia, very good, I reviewed it in 'restaurants').

Room Tip: Even the less expensive rooms were lovely….