“Great Place”
Review of Shangri-la

Shangri-la
Ranked #236 of 888 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This is a wonderful Chinese restaurant that is in the middle of downtown, but still off on a side street and kind of secluded. Perfect stop if you are walking. The food was very good, and left us all full. I think my wife and son liked even more than me, we will probably come here every time passing through.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I have raved about this place in the past. I put up with the language barrier because the sushi was really good. Didn't mind the price increase. This time took a friend who was visiting from out of town. It was horrible. Rude staff. Sushi rolls now primary rice and microscopic amt of fish. Sashimi was a joke- imagine one normal piece of fish slivered into 5 or 6 teeny strips. So disappointed. Will never return. Also, drove by the restaurant this week and they have a big sign saying they no lo get have all you can eat sushi. Bet they'll be out of business soon. Good riddance!!!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I don't usually complain most of the time I just don't say anything. This time is different. I have been going to this all you can eat sushi place for over a year. Each time I've gone the atmosphere seems hostile. They changed the times of when the all you can eat starts even tho the time on the poster said anytime. They went up on price. I do tip every time I go. This last time I went they added an 18% gratuity to the check to which I asked why they added it they said it was a tip to which I said I always tip. They acted as if they were angry unlike totto's on the north shore which is just as good but allot cheaper by 7 dollars. I would recommend if you want a place that doesn't judge you for what you eat I would recommend stating away from Shangri la and go to totto's next to the German brew haus. Also don't get the hot tea there I watched them take a used tea bag that was placed in a cup and used it over and over. Pretty cheap and petty. At 20.00 plus drink and now an 18% tip it will cost you 30.00 to eat all you can at this place.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Heard this was place for all you can eat sushi.... not kidding... loaded up on Nigiri and some soup.... soup was really really good... prob best hot and sour I have had in years. Had two helpings. Really stuffed gut with fish.... if your wanting some sushi in Chattanooga... don’t miss coming by and getting some here. Service... so... so.... typical I guess. But sushi was fresh and good. I will come back.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I have to say that this was one of the best dining experiences of my entire life. We were doubtful upon arriving as it just looked like a hole in the wall. So glad we took the chance friendly staff and a light environment set the mood for the best sushi I have ever had. You can go for all you can eat or pay by the roll. Highly recommended