“Excellent Service and Food”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #71 of 422 Restaurants in Clarksville
Reviewed 14 December 2016

We, wife and I were in town on business and it happened that our anniversary was Thursday while we were traveling. So Saturday after a long day of inspecting properties for a group we decided to stay close to the hotel (La Quinta See sep review) and chose this place, Hibachi Grill we were not disappointed.

No reservation, arrived about 6 pm were seated promptly, waitress was very friendly and quick, attentive without being in the way. Soup, then salad and about 2/3 way through the chef came and the show began. He was entertaining and efficient everything was cooked expertly.

Glad I did not read the negative reviews before going as I may have missed out on a very enjoyable meal. Oh and portions are generous, most folks left with take out boxes.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We took a large group of 7-9 there on a Sunday afternoon for a birthday luncheon. The restaurant accommodated us and the hibachi chef entertained all of us with a sense of humor. Some of our party had never been to a Japanese restaurant before, so it was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place for value and quality of food. All 7 of us ate for under $150.00

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We went here 9/10 for a date night. When we arrived we where seated right away, however it took 30 mins for us to place a drink order and another 15 for us to receive our drinks. There was many of workers standing around talking and checking their cell phone. At this point my husband was ready to leave and I think our waiter heard us and popped up ready to take our order. So we gave her the benefit of the doubt and ordered our food. Which they brought out the salad that looked like it had been sitting out for a few hours and the soup was nice and hot so we ate the soup and returned the salad. We waited another hour for our food that never came out, so at this point we are both hungry and very upset to where we ask to pay for our drinks so we could leave. Which this turns into another 20 mins of waiting for them to total up our bill lol, which we only ate the soup and had a coke and a water ( if this is hard for you total up your in the wrong business) so the two waiter fussed a bit about not charging us for the soup bc they felt bad about our wait and to only charge us for the drinks. So we paid the $2.17 for our drinks and even with all the waiting around our food still didn't come out. I will never go to this restaurant again!!! The worst service I have seen in a very long time. The manager didn't even come out to apologize for our terrible service. I'm glad I didn't give this restaurant our hard working money.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The wait and service was entirely too long. We were seated and waited 15 minutes before anyone asked us for drinks. Then we waited over an hour for our food. Other couples who arrived after us were receiving there food before we were. Spent 1 and a half hour there in total time with no results. Absolutely inexcusable and truly a disappointment.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I had heard good things about Shogun, but my experience was mediocre at best. I had the filet and shrimp. The food was okay, but the serving size of the filet and especially the rice, was paltry. Decor was old and dated. Service was average. Chef was entertaining.