“Dinner”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #70 of 418 Restaurants in Clarksville
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Well, this is a mixed review. The waitress dropped drinks all over the table then 5 seconds later dropped another drink in a toddler's lap. We threw our napkins over it to keep it from running everywhere. She proceeded to sweep all the ice onto the floor where the cook stands and never cleaned it up. The cook went and got rags and cleaned it himself because when he came out he slipped. Half way through the meal I finally went and asked for more napkins since she never brought us any. Now the cook, Billy, was amazing! He was funny and the food was great. He talked to everyone at the table and made jokes with everyone. It did take a while before they came to cook but it was a Friday night so they were kinda busy. So in short, the food and cook were great but the service was lacking.
The bathroom was disgusting. Someone filled the urinal with paper towels and I assume it overflowed so there were paper towels strung out all over the floor as well. Also, the decor seemed very out-dated. I don't know how long the place has been here but it needs serious upgrades.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

The food is always excellent. Yum yum sauce is the best. I would recommend this place for family dinners and special occasions.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We chose Shogun because it's usually an entertaining experience and great food. We were celebrating a few milestone birthdays and had family from different states with us. I was really excited because my parents have never eaten at a place like this. When we made the reservation we told them how many people, including children were in our party. When we showed up we were crammed into the one side. We're a close family so we dealt with it. The lady taking our drink order was lot pleasant and acted like we were a bother. When it was time for the chef to come out he lacked enthusiasm and wasn't very interactive. We tried to engage him in conversation and not the other way around. We paid for the birthday treat (x2) and when it was time to pay, they still hadn't come out. We reminded the waitress and she informed me they forgot and were preparing it at that time. The most entertaining part was the young ladies who came out and sang. The only reason I'm going with 3 stars is the food was delicious as always, the birthday dessert was very nice and plentiful for everyone to enjoy and my parents really liked it. I was disappointed due to the fact it was a special dinner with family and they kind of made it less special.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We tried this place out and ended up thinking that it was very accommodating and great food. Thought the staff was cheerful and kept the mood good throughout our visit. Alsi, very reasonably priced. Great time.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

We, wife and I were in town on business and it happened that our anniversary was Thursday while we were traveling. So Saturday after a long day of inspecting properties for a group we decided to stay close to the hotel (La Quinta See sep review) and chose this place, Hibachi Grill we were not disappointed.

No reservation, arrived about 6 pm were seated promptly, waitress was very friendly and quick, attentive without being in the way. Soup, then salad and about 2/3 way through the chef came and the show began. He was entertaining and efficient everything was cooked expertly.

Glad I did not read the negative reviews before going as I may have missed out on a very enjoyable meal. Oh and portions are generous, most folks left with take out boxes.