“Nice Meal!”

Ranked #285 of 408 Restaurants in Clarksville
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 October 2017

A lot of my friends express a reluctance to eat by themselves in a restaurant. I don't - I take a book or Kindle and enjoy being waited on. It was just after they opened and I was escorted to a table in the bar area. I was promptly waited on and my order taken. My tea was just like I like it - lot of ice and lots of lemon. My salad was cold and fresh and my steak medium rare - my mashed potatoes seasoned well.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience! My waitress was attentive and even with the increasing number of people coming in, she saw that I received refills and brought my ticket without having to wait and wait.
Normally, my husband and I don't eat at this location at night because the service is not as great - we may get out drinks but our Bloomin' Onion is overcooked and on the greasy side. One think that really irks me is that he receives a refill and I am never even asked if I would like one, even when I put my empty glass on the edge of the table. The music can be awfully loud at times.
What do we do when we want an Outback steak -- go to Nashville. But I am willing to give it another try.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We spent 2hrs there . About 15 min to get table and was told by hostess that they were short on wait staff. We asked for a bigger both which we got but that meant a different waitress and no one came to get our order or even drinks. So then the waitress we had originally came and took our drink order and said she would find out who was supposed to wait our table so the first waitress said she would take our order. We had to ask someone else to bring us some bread. It was 35 min before we got our meals. The complete time we were there 3 tables next to us had previous paid bills laying on them and had not been bused. Our meals were good except for one steak that was over cooked. With all the other restaurants in this area I can say we will not be coming back to this one! Longhorn is in front of this one will go there instead!

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Clarksville, TN". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I usually count on Outback for a decent meal at a reasonable price in our travels. We were sadly disappointed for the first time at this store in Clarksville, Tn.
The food was okay, but the service was horrible. I understand that they are renovating and open during the process, but we were shocked at the sloppiness of dress and behavior at the bar. The staff all congregated there talking with each other and ignoring the customers.
After eating and having 2 drinks each our bill was way higher than usual. We were under the assumption their Hapy Hour was 4-7 every day as it is in Florida. We should have checked first. No need to check again, we won't be back.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello,

We're sad to hear things did not go as planned. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Clarksville, TN". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate my birthday and these folks were "over the top" for us. We left another restaurant where we had reservations when they could not accommodate us with a nice table. We just will not sit in the middle of a restaurant when it is overly crowded. So we came here to Outback and they gave us a nice booth in the corner of the restaurant. The hostess was incredible and remembered me when I made the reservation, stating, "Happy Birthday" I have a nice booth for you in the corner. Courtney was our server and although she was extremely busy, provided us with excellent service. She also wished me a happy birthday and made sure we had everything and then some....I ordered the filet and lobster with a loaded baked potato and sauteed mushrooms. Mmmmmmm delicious! It was cooked perfectly medium well. My husband ordered the prime rib, loaded baked potato and fresh vegetables. His was perfectly cooked medium. Courtney also accommodated us and took our picture. This was a great birthday celebration. The restaurant is immaculately clean. Everyone we met were outstanding. Polite, friendly, and knowledgeable regarding the menu. They are real hard workers and seem to help one another. Could not have had a better meal anywhere else in Clarksville. I was presented with an ice cream dessert and sung to by Courtney and a guest. Thank you Courtney and hostess (sorry, I don't remember your name) for a wonderful dinner. We will be back!

1  Thank MaryannF650
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The bloomin onion was good. My steak was ok. Seems the beef quality has not been what it used to be. The asparagus was excellent I actually had 2 sides of it. The restaurant was not slammed but they had a nice dinner crowd going. Im rooting for Outback to be what they used to be.