“Great restaurant and served fast”

El Porton Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 153 Restaurants in Cordova
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I have been a fan of the El Porton Mexican Restaurants since I moved here 14 years ago. But each location feels different with the way they fix their dishes. This location is doing a great job!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

This restaurant depends on which location you go to. The one Cordova is OK but the one in Collierville is great. Same food, just different cooks and wait staff. I would recommend this restaurant for a sit down Mexican meal. Excellent queso and chips and the Chimichanga is fantastic. The guacamole is made fresh and has been excellent every time we get it.

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

I love how this restaurant looks inside. I've never been to Mexico, but I like it. I had the buffalo chicken tacos. Very delicious. Very polite waiter. Nothing to complain about.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

I don't know what has happened, but I will never step foot in this restaurant again. Poor service, terrible food. We were all disappointed.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

My husband and I had mixed reviews of this restaurant, but decided overall that it was average at best. He ordered the chili Colorado, which nearly killed him. The spice in it was so outrageous that it was hard to consume, and my husband can tolerate most heat... The chips and salsa were very disappointing, no flavor! I ordered the chimichanga and it was fantastic, but it couldn't make up for all of the other mishaps. Our service wasn't very good either, so that also plays a part in my "Average" review of this place.