“Authentic Mexican”

Ranked #86 of 153 Restaurants in Cordova
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Great authentic Mexican food, cooked and served within a minimum of 20 minutes of ordering. Chips and salsa served while waiting.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Took my wife and adult son to lunch at this well established Mexican eatery. Clean, mostly deserted at 12:15 p.m. Only three other tables seated while we were there during lunch hours.

Wife had the lunch special which was better than my enchiladas rancheras which was not carefully prepared resulting in dry, overcooked meat chunks, somewhat hard cheese enchiladas, and just so so salad.

My son had the best if the lot with the tortilla soup. A healthy looking, very tasty bowl of inviting rich soup filled with good things.

The quality just wasn't there for my wife and I. Acceptable, but not great. As I said before, the place was deserted as a ghost town. That has to say something.

Maybe try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The restaurant is dingy and dirty. After I had looked at the menu I noticed that my hands smelled awful. I went to the restroom which was also dirty and washed my hands. I had to ask for clean utensils and then I had to clean the new ones that were brought to me. The food was not very good, maybe it was just that I was put off by the lack of cleanliness that I saw all around the restaurant. I don't know why we stayed should have gone somewhere else. We will never go back.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We eat Mexican food all the time and have enjoyed El Porton for years. The service is great and all of the dishes on the menu are good.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

At El Porton, you get just what you expect from a typical, family run Mexican restaurant. The atmosphere is not impressive, the food tastes the same as every other Mexican joint in the area, the service is lightning fast and the price is low. You will not leave thrilled or excited by the experience. However, you will be full and you will be in and out quickly.