“Greek Food”

Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Hermitage
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 22 December 2017

If you like Greek-style food, this is for you. There are some dishes that I like and others that I have tried and didn't care for, but that would be true of almost any restaurant. I liked the beef gyros, but not the skordalia.

The food tended to be pricey for my tastes, and I did not like the payment procedure in which they use an automated machine to pay at the time the order is placed. This machine allows customers to leave a tip and if I remember correctly, it defaults to 15%. Other than having a waiter bring your food to you, there is no table service. If you want a drink refill you have to go back to the check out counter and ask for it yourself. The "tip" essentially pays for a wait staff person to deliver your meal to your table- not cool, but you have the option of removing the tip when you checkout which I have done.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We are always up for trying new places to eat and Taziki's exceeded all my expectations. We were greeted warmly by the manager who took our order and offered us free drinks because it was our first time. I had the tilapia taco and hubby had the land gyro. All I can say is WOW! They were so good! As our side we both ordered the cucumber tomato salad which was truly a delight. It was freshly prepared and the cucumbers even had the seeds taken out. I would recommend this restaurant whole heartedly to everyone. I wish it were available closer to where I live. I would be a regular customer!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We went after a evening movie so around 815pm both of us had the Wraps one Beef and one Lamb with Chips and we had the Cucumbers and Tomatoe Salad, all was Delicious. The Staff were very nice and We enjoyed Our meal

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I went in and ordered. This was not too bad. The food was good and cooked properly. The issue was that I had was that the only time you see a waiter/waitress is when they deliver the food. After that point you are totally ignored. I finished my drink and motioned to an empty drink by turning the glass upside down. The waitress looked at me and walked away.

I will not go back here as service is as bad as you get in most fast food locations.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

This is my current local favorite restaurant! The first two times I visited, I had their signature salad. When I went back during the week, I learned they don't have that item every day because it's one of their daily specials (although this one runs all weekend). That caused me to try something else, and I am I glad that I did. It was on a Wednesday, and I had the Spanakopita Roll Up. It's a chicken, spinach and feta cheese roll up (served four) with a side item and a few chips. It was lunch, and I only could eat three of the four at one time. The next day, I went back in and had the Tazikis taco which I really liked. Tilapia in the taco was flavored with their Mediterranean sauce which kept it from being bland. They serve wine and beer although I've only been there for lunch and not had a drink with alcohol. The atmosphere isn't anything to write home about, but comfortable and clean, with booths and tables. Sitting in a booth isn't too bad. The employees have been very nice, service is good. They have cookies and baklava prepackaged for a little dessert. I definitely recommend Takikis, and it's on my list of regular places to get carry out or for a quick meal.