“Disappointed ”

The Hokie Smokie
Ranked #33 of 335 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The turkey sandwich on the online menu, waitress just couldn't come up with it. I did not want bacon, I did not want cheese, just wanted turkey, white bread, mustard, mayo . She just could NOT find it. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This place has the absolute best BBQ we've ever had & we like BBQ a lot. We've found out favorite place to eat anytime we are in Johnson City visiting our son at college. He's excited to bring his friends & let them try it too. The staff was wonderful too.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We tried this place on a whim and couldn’t have been more pleased. The pork and brisket were delicious with smoky taste. Great bbq and ranch. Awesome wait staff. Def returning

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Lots of good food to choose from from bbq to a huge baked potato which one person could make multiple meals of.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My wife and i visited there July/10/2017 it was our first trip. We were greeted by Kirsten C. friendly, funny and very helpful. It is hard to find BBQ beet in this area. Wood ridge has BBQ beef but let me tell you this place has them beat hands down. I had the BBQ beef brisket meal with slaw on it. My side was slaw and beans. One little incident can you say oops for the tea. All I can say is it can happen to anyone and if I hadn't had a lid on my to go cup it would have been the same except I was spinning to leave so it would have been much worse. A special shout out to Hokie Smokie, the food prepares and especially to Kirsten C. We will be back and if you haven't been there save your trip to Wood Ridge eat local eat well and it's more than worth the trip to Johnson City across from the mall on the North Side.