“We will always stay here, it is always clean and the help are very friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We stay here every year when we pass through the state on our way south. It has always been a friendly clean place. It is next door to a cracker barrel and we find that great. I like La Quinta because they allow dogs and we have a service dog. They allow all dogs. I like the breakfast and the place is always clean. There is a gas station across the street that sells food and other stuff, like Beer. Down and in back of the hotel is a department store, its a great place to pick up whatever you forgot.I like this town and the people in it.

Room Tip: all rooms are great, no real traffic problems
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I had absolutely no problems at all at this hotel, my room was spotless, the staff very friendly, and a bonus was that the breakfast is ready from 5 a.m., which is really convenient for interstate travelers and people catching early flights. Also one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. I Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Room Tip: We highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stayed here with family and dogs while en route to a relocation halfway across the country. It's an inexpensive option and is pet friendly (and is located close to the freeway) but hotel is dated and management seems to cut corners to save expenses. Front desk only had one person working so when we arrived, there were four other people ahead of us so check-in took about 20 minutes. The woman working the desk by herself was very friendly and helpful, though. The hotel room itself was tiny and not terribly well cleaned, as I found some trash on the floor at the edge of the bed. The shower knob was broken so that the "hour hand" on the circular nozzle was completely broken off, leaving a very jagged knob to operate the shower. Definite potential liablity here when someone slices their hand while trying to turn the shower on and off. Breakfast was a joke. If you're staying here for the breakfast, go elsewhere. Aside from having little options (continental breakfast might even overstate it), the few options that were provided were not replenished. They do have two of those waffle makers which is nice -- but they ran out of batter. We were there for 15 more minutes and it still had not been replenished. This was also the case with the hard boiled eggs. I took the last one and the bin was never replenished while we were there. Even the orange juice had an odd taste -- perhaps watered down or just cheap quality? Trash can was packed to the brim with overflowing garbage. And, this was all around 7:45 a.m. which one would anticipate to have been a peak time for guests to eat breakfast on a Sunday morning. I got the sense that the kitchen was understaffed so there was no urgency or ability to really make this a funcitioning breakfast option. Considering we were travelling with kids so the free breakfast is a big selling point for us, this was disappointing to say the least, especially since we still had to stop to get breakfast anyway. All in all, for families travelling in this area, I'd recommend other options or perhaps driving a bit further to stay in an area with a larger population so that options are more plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
LQ0935GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us. This is certainly not our standards. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your comments with my staff so that we can improve and fix the issues you experienced. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area. Sincerely, Pam B., Assistant Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located very near to I-81, just off of the off-ramp so it is perfect for the weary traveller. The price was about what you would expect for the typical big-box hotel along the interstate, we paid $81 for a king room. The bathroom was split with a vanity separate from the toilet and shower. The bathroom was very small and somewhat claustrophobic for a man over 6' which cost them a star. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were well cleaned. The breakfast area was large but the selection of warm foods was very small (bacon and waffles). There is an adjacent gas station as well as several restaurants including a Cracker Barrell.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsport
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn Kingsport
#1 of 16 in Kingsport
10.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsport-Meadowview I-26

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport? Share your experiences!