US$108
US$123
US$119
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Econo Lodge(Kingsport)
US$48
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$64
US$65
Red Roof
US$69
US$129
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Comfort Suites(Kingsport)
US$116
US$99
Priceline
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanwafflespet ownersgas stationeasy accesshard boiled eggssmall dogper nightstaff was friendlyoff the highwaythe tri citiesgreat customer servicecontinental breakfastparking lota great place to staydesk clerk
Reviewed 9 June 2017

I had absolutely no problems at all at this hotel, my room was spotless, the staff very friendly, and a bonus was that the breakfast is ready from 5 a.m., which is really convenient for interstate travelers and people catching early flights. Also one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. I Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Room Tip: We highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stayed here with family and dogs while en route to a relocation halfway across the country. It's an inexpensive option and is pet friendly (and is located close to the freeway) but hotel is dated and management seems to cut corners to save expenses. Front desk only had one person working so when we arrived, there were four other people ahead of us so check-in took about 20 minutes. The woman working the desk by herself was very friendly and helpful, though. The hotel room itself was tiny and not terribly well cleaned, as I found some trash on the floor at the edge of the bed. The shower knob was broken so that the "hour hand" on the circular nozzle was completely broken off, leaving a very jagged knob to operate the shower. Definite potential liablity here when someone slices their hand while trying to turn the shower on and off. Breakfast was a joke. If you're staying here for the breakfast, go elsewhere. Aside from having little options (continental breakfast might even overstate it), the few options that were provided were not replenished. They do have two of those waffle makers which is nice -- but they ran out of batter. We were there for 15 more minutes and it still had not been replenished. This was also the case with the hard boiled eggs. I took the last one and the bin was never replenished while we were there. Even the orange juice had an odd taste -- perhaps watered down or just cheap quality? Trash can was packed to the brim with overflowing garbage. And, this was all around 7:45 a.m. which one would anticipate to have been a peak time for guests to eat breakfast on a Sunday morning. I got the sense that the kitchen was understaffed so there was no urgency or ability to really make this a funcitioning breakfast option. Considering we were travelling with kids so the free breakfast is a big selling point for us, this was disappointing to say the least, especially since we still had to stop to get breakfast anyway. All in all, for families travelling in this area, I'd recommend other options or perhaps driving a bit further to stay in an area with a larger population so that options are more plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
LQ0935GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsport TriCities Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us. This is certainly not our standards. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your comments with my staff so that we can improve and fix the issues you experienced. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area. Sincerely, Pam B., Assistant Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located very near to I-81, just off of the off-ramp so it is perfect for the weary traveller. The price was about what you would expect for the typical big-box hotel along the interstate, we paid $81 for a king room. The bathroom was split with a vanity separate from the toilet and shower. The bathroom was very small and somewhat claustrophobic for a man over 6' which cost them a star. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were well cleaned. The breakfast area was large but the selection of warm foods was very small (bacon and waffles). There is an adjacent gas station as well as several restaurants including a Cracker Barrell.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I stayed one night here just as a stopping point on a long drive with my dogs--and if i could give 1/2 circles I would give this 3.5 a bit better than average but I wouldn't say very good.

This hotel was not very La Quinta-esque in room styles/sizes but it was certainly clean and the staff was able to accommodate my request for a first floor room (easier getting dogs in and out). The staff seemed friendly and having a room by the back door, I appreciated that the door was locked and required a room key to get in.

The sound proofing between rooms was good (I know our neighbor dog barked at everything walking in the hall but we could not hear the dog when in our room) but we could hear everything in the hall and all the dogs who were barking from inside their rooms as people passed by so it was a bit noisy. Thankfully my dogs are experienced travelers and don't bark or get disturbed by hotel noises and other dogs barking because it was pretty noisy for a while.

One of the reasons I often stay at LQ is the included breakfast saves me money--but this was probably the most disappointing breakfasts I've ever had at a LQ. I went to eat around 8am (an hour before breakfast ends) and the only hot item was waffles. They had hard to peel (i watched someone else struggle and ultimately give up) hard boiled eggs that were cold ... there was an empty place where I was told bacon had been... but there was no bacon and it never was filled while we were eating.

This isn't a bad hotel by any means, and the price (especially for a LQ) was decent. It's not the best LQ and it wasn't the best stay but it's a good stopping point on a yearly long drive and so I'll consider staying here again next year if I take this route home again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends