“Road tripping day 2”

Sanctuary Vegan Cafe
Ranked #237 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Had lunch here. Overall it was good. We had the buffalo cauliflower wings, the hot dog, the lentil meat loaf and the falafel. Everything was great except the Falafel, I was a little disappointed. I love Falafel but these were pretty uneatable. Whatever sauce that resembles a tahini sauce is not very good. It pretty much ruined the falafel. The staff were pretty understanding and apologetic about and offered to fix something else, however we were pretty full from the rest of the outstanding food.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I ate at this restaurant during an evening of a road trip. I had stopped in Knoxville for the night. This restaurant was close to my hotel. I am not vegan and I am not anti-vegan. I am equally open to vegan meals and non-vegan meals. All I can say is that the dinner that I had at this restaurant was DELICIOUS. The staff were friendly, happy, and welcoming. I would return to this restaurant if I lived in Knoxville. I ordered on the menu something was sort of "vegan meat." The food was excellent. It was simply delicious. Again, I'm not vegan, but I am open to vegan food. And this place served great food. I would like to eat here again but I don't live in Knoxville.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 24 December 2017

My wife loves the place and convinced me to drive 75 miles to eat there. We were there on their one year anniversary, which was celebrated by only being able to order pizza. I had just returned from Italy, so the pizza was not a good first impression. Why celebrate by limiting the menu to one item. Missed the logic there.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

You can only order off the brunch menu so our choices were limited however we didn’t mind since this was our first time. The tofu scramble with veggies had a weird taste. The hash browns were fantastic as was the biscuits and gravy with sausage scrambles. The bacon was horrible. The biscuits, while dense were good and the butter tasted normal. We will come back to try the regular menu.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This casual restaurant hides carefully prepared food and excellent prices! It is clean and service is friendly and very good. Whatever you are hungry for this place has it and with very good portions! You won't leave hungry! Sure to please!