“Great local place to eat!”
Review of Nick & J's Cafe

Nick & J's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 1,306 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Knoxville around lunch time and found this here on Trip Advisor. Not too far off of I-40 and definitely worth it! I had the best Reuben sandwich with marbled bread and great pastrami, my husband raved about his Philly Cheesesteak and my teenager loved his chicken strips. They were super busy but have an awesome rhythm in preparing great sandwiches!

1  Thank 527nm
nuna007, Owner at Nick & J's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your awesome review. We appreciate your business and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

As my wife and I entered the restaurant, we were immediately acknowledged by our friendly server and seated. I had read the reviews about the hamburgers and those reviews were spot on. Best tasting hamburger I've had in a long while. It had just the right amount of juiciness and cooked exactly how I had ordered it. My wife's grilled chicken cafe salad was very good. The chicken was not dry and was very flavorful. What stood out to me was that the owner took the time to step away from the grill and personally come over to each table to ask how the food was. You don't see that very often.

2  Thank RetiredNTexas

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business and very pleased your experience was pleasant. Hope to see you back real soon. GO VOLS

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This is a very typical average run-of-the-mill diner. It’s small, there’s an awkward standing-only waiting area near the bathrooms by people trying to eat their meal, and the food is fine. When I read the reviews before going, my expectations were set too high and I expected something more than your average diner food.
We went to breakfast on a Saturday and waited almost an hour for a table; it felt disorganized. When a couple in front of us was called for a table and they pointed out that we were there before them, the hostess showed on her list that we were actually supposed to be called six groups earlier. Our name was never called but somehow crossed off. People that had just showed up in our group at the front of waiting customers were asked if they wanted to sit at the bar when people that were waiting longer were in the back and missed their opportunity. There’s certainly room for improvement there.
Our server, though I can’t remember her name, was rushed but polite. Our food came out fast. If you’re looking for a diner, this is a reliable choice, but don’t expect anything extraordinary.

3  Thank Victoria S

Thank you for visiting the Number 1 restaurant in Knoxville . We appreciate your business. Our apologizes if you felt it was unorganized. We work extremely hard to please everyone. As you witnessed, we are number 1 in Knoxville for a reason. Hope you visit us again and GOOOO VOLS

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I love diners. We stopped for lunch one day last month. The fish and chips were delicious. Good, friendly service, too. We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Paul P

Thank you for the great review. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you visit again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Just a good old fashion diner with great food and friendly service. They have a lunch special every day.

1  Thank Art J

We appreciate your business and your awesome review. Hope you visit us again. GO VOLS