“Good food and fast”

O'Charley's
Ranked #182 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Ina no out in 45 minutes. Food was good. Service was OK. That may have just been our waiter. Overall, I'd recommend it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We decided to take friends with us to dine at O'Charley's in Knoxville's Turkey Creek Shopping area. They had never eaten at an O'Charley's before so they liked the idea of trying something new for them...

It was Friday night and the restaurant was busy and there was a waiting list. Despite the fact that there were a number of open tables that we could see, the hostess told us that it would be a half hour. Perhaps it was a staffing issue because all tables were filled and being served about 30 minutes later. In any case, we lucked out and found seats at the bar where we ordered refreshments and a couple of appetizers. 10 minutes later our 'buzzer' went off and our table was ready. (our appetizers weren't but they were delivered to our table without a problem)

We told our waitress that we needed separate checks. She told us no problem. We ordered our meals after studying the menu...and the first hint of things to come occurred when the waitress came back to check on part of the order she's written down...

It wasn't too long before a 'runner' delivered our meals to the table. The problem was that my meal was the only one that was right! The other 3 orders were either completely wrong or the side dishes were incorrect. I kept my meal and the others were taken back. After a bit our waitress noticed that I was the only one eating and when we told her what had happened, she responded that the "kitchen was busy and backed up".

In any case, I'd completely finished my dinner before my 3 tablemates received their meals. The food was fairly average but it was OK. As the others were eating I noticed our waitress bringing dinner rolls to other tables. We'd ordered dinners not sandwiches so where were our rolls? It would have been nice to have some while eating salads or while waiting for the entrees.

Even though our waitress stopped by the table...as did others with the second wave of entrees...no one offered to clear the table of used cocktail glasses or dishes until I asked them to do so... Who trains these people?!

When our waitress brought the check...(note the singular)...she asked if we wanted it split! We'd already told her that we wanted each couple to receive a check for their specific meals. She went back and after a long time, she came back with the bills split up. I didn't realize until later that she'd either shorted the restaurant or charged our companions extra by not writing up the right meals on the tickets as the charge for my wife's meal was $3.00 less than it should have been and it was for the wrong item.

Our friends said that this was the worst service they'd had in a restaurant for years and that they wouldn't be coming back! We even had trouble getting a box to take home leftovers... Sad...

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

50 minutes from the time we were sat until our food came out. Manager stated it was 30 minutes from the time our food was entered so I'm assuming our server forgot. We waited 20 minutes for water refills.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

This restaurant has a wait staff that does their job well. The food is typical for this type restaurant in its variety. It is well prepared and served.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

A day trip to Knoxville to shop and we usually stop for lunch at O'Charley's on Parkside Dr. in Turkey Creek. Being that it was a Saturday - it was very busy, but we were seated immediately.

I ordered the French Dip sandwich $11.49 with sweet potato fries ($.79 extra) and spouse had the BBQ Prime Rib sandwich with regular fries $12.99. I finished half of my French Dip and asked Jessica for a box and a container for my au jus. Then I asked for a small bag of ice, as we had a few more stops before our drive home. Jessica was very gracious, a true asset to O'Charley's!