“Typical Applebee's”

Ranked #177 of 1,304 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This was a typical Applebee's. The food is good and no better or worse than other stores. The service was decent and also on par with what to expect from the chain.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We ordered a Spinach Dip to share. It was too salty for my taste, but my wife liked it. I then ordered the BBQ Brisket Tacos and an Iced Tea. The Taco meal consisted of three soft tacos each including shredded beef brisket, BBQ sauce, tomatoes and onion rings with a side of Coie Slaw. The Tacos were very tasty and the slaw was creamy and tasted great. The service was outstanding and our drinks were refilled even before they were completely empty. A great place to relax.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our food was delicious and the service was great. My husband had the steak and it was cooked perfectly, I had the salad and it was fantastic and my son had the mac n cheese.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We arrived into Knoxville fairly late, checked into our hotel across the street, and decided to grab a quick bite. We just got some appetizers and drinks, but I really wasn't impressed. I got a margarita that was all mix and was honestly just gross and I couldn't finish it. I switched to vodka and soda, which was fine, but pricey for the size. We got boneless wings that were beyond salty and tasted so fake and processed- even worse, they weren't hot and the sauce had kind of dried up on them. The mozzarella sticks were also not very hot- and I mean, come on, how do you mess up mozzarella sticks? I got a hot fudge sundae to cheer myself up and there wasn't barely any hot fudge. I haven't been to an Applebees in years, so I don't know if it was just this one? Also maybe because we were there late night that made a difference in quality? Either way, I wouldn't stop again.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We eat at this Applebees several times per year, and there was a stretch where the service here was pretty bad.

That being said, we've had really good service the last two visits. Food is decent, not great...but that's what you should expect when visiting a chain restaurant.