“Not what I expected - better!!”
Review of Gourmet's Market

Gourmet's Market
Ranked #211 of 1,321 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Description: Chef Holly Hambright brings her eclectic all day breakfast and lunch options to you 7 days a week. Visit website for current menu! Conveniently located in Bearden, join us daily until 3 pm and check out our monthly wine dinners! Voted top cater in Knoxville!
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Very seldom do we explore the restaurants right in our own area, but I am so glad that we made an exception last weekend. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, but often we just fix it at home. Last weekend my husband surprised me with an offer to go out. We decided to try the Gourmet Market, a place I was familiar with but not as a restaurant. What I remember from years ago was a cooking supple store. I figured they carved out a small space and placed some tables and chairs in there, but was I wrong! The place is full of space and the people coming and going create a steady flow of hungry patrons. I now understand why!

I settled on the Eggs Benedict (they offer three varieties) and my husband ordered the Chorizo and egg bowl. Both were very good, but honestly, mine was EXCEPTIONAL! Cooked to perfection and served by a sweet waitress who was very attentive to our needs. The coffee was great and I was offered a free to-go cup as we were leaving.
If you go online, you will see pictures that look like something from a restaurant in a larger city like Nashville or New York. They are beautifully presented and reasonable!

We look forward to our next visit and what tasty dish we will discover.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Went there for brunch ordered the marketplace Benedict. Both eggs were way overdone and if you have ever had eggs Benedict the egg yolk is the most important part. Coffee refill only offered after I had finished. Will not be back !!!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Buddy S
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Sat at the bar and was promptly served a cup of decent coffee (Vienna Roasters in Maryville). Ordered nerd head biscuits and gravy and cheese grits.
Delicious.
Excellent service, breakfast served all day, little to no hot-sauce needed. Go here for honestly good food.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We've had breakfast several times at the Market over the past few months when visiting Knoxville. The food is delicious!
Generous portions, fresh ingredients, and quick service. Nice outdoor patio seating is a plus. There is always a wait on Sundays, but it's worth your time.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This used to be my "go to" breakfast eatery and coffee shop but after the change in management, it's just not the same and not nearly as good. Not bad. Very average. But most of the old favorites are gone now. It's more of a college kid place now than the traditional Bearden institution it once was.

Date of visit: March 2017