All reviewsthe pubthe ownersitting roombreakfast tastyfriendly hostsslea head drivestayed one nightsurrounding areabeatricevillageviewdingleteahillgaelicbreathtaking
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Seven years ago, my son and I stayed at The Plough. I recently returned with my wife and another couple, and found it to be the same excellent B&B.
The hostess was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the community, the rooms were fine and the breakfast was superior. The stay was not inexpensive, but well worth it.
I don't understand the trollish comments by another reviewer: My son and I very much enjoyed an evening spent with the family, talking about their lives in this absolutely beautiful section of Ireland.
Highly recommended as a base for exploring the remote end of the Dingle penisula.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is a hard review to write. As you can see by my postings, I have contributed a decent amount of reviews to TripAdvisor....most all of very positive. In fact, I wasn't going to write in at all but, when we talked about it, we decided travelers need-to-know before they spend their hard earned money.
Sidebar; I found, in general, most Europeans are so comfortable with their own euro dollar LIFESTYLE they Fail to Relate to the fact that when American's travel abroad, we have to spend 33-34-even 40% more of our dollars to pay the tariffs overseas [worse yet, in the U.K.]. So, if they think we are TIGHT...like O.J Simpson's glove; they may be right.)

I can sum this experience up by saying - just like in America, some folks may OPERATE a restaurant or B&B but, they really should be in another line of business. This lady obviously does not like, or love, what she does or.... dislikes Americans. Then again, reading the other reviews, its possible she just doesn't like a LOT of people, regardless of nationality. Beatrice seemed to get along with my wife but, my wife is a National Treasure, very Positive and EVERYBODY loves her....with all due respect to her, even children, squirrels and birds.

I actually booked this B&B 2 weeks in advance of my journey to Ireland but, canceled the booking after just 8-10 hours of booking it, after going back and reading all the reviews on this GREAT Website.
As fate would have it; we arrived for 3 days in Ventry, booking two nights at Ceann Tra Heights (beyond lovely) and one at another B&B. That one "over-booked", by accident, and they 'did me a favor' (?) and re-booked me- where I Canceled: 'The Plough'. So, I am already thrilled beyond belief knowing I could potentially have to suffer The Wrath of hat others called "The Witch of Ventry". We arrived to a moderately Cool reception ( oh-oh, had already registered my name/credit card) and our room is on the 2nd floor/ front of the house and it is only at best described as 'Average'. It Looks Like we're probably sleeping in the owners bed ( guess what?, we WERE!). Going back today and viewing the photos of rooms offered worldwide: (for 75 euro) this move..... was not 'appropriate' (nor priced fairly, even as a favor to the other B&B owner).
The 'view' consists of a window that opens on the roof with a 'peak' of the bay. "Peak" is defined as craning your head out the window, risking possible decapitation and looking with one eye.
I'm thinking now that the earlier reviews were dead-on.....this is somebody's home that has been jacked around and turned into a B&B, but, it is not purpose-built, professionally decorated like most of the other Irish "B&B Houses", nor run like a professional business. You are greeted here by an old sofa, sitting on, what we call in America, a Mud Porch, covered by an odd green, satin quilt, you share the sitting room with the rest of the family ( their Son is very nice), the breakfast room IS the dining room, the bedroom TV is as big as a Minute and, the list goes on and on. What We Saw (mind-you), was decorated by Horst the Plumber.
I guess my wife and I are indeed spoiled- we eat out- every night, not because we are mulit-millionaire's but, because my wife does not cook -as good as she looks- ('nough said). So, for those that wrote that this owner "..is a Great Cook", has not eaten-out .....often. Breakfast (Egg & Tomato Omelet) was just okay- Get Even? plopped on a plate with no garnish or sides; certainly not 'chef' quality or noteworthy. The entire home was not tidy or spectacularly decorated, as were So Many of our Great Night Stays (for less $$), and certainly not anywhere as nice as her closest competitors (also for less money). This woman has obviously let - life events?- ruin her business. Despite our Sympatico- having lost both my 98 yr.old Father & my wife's Mother just prior to this trip....we both just felt uncomfortable and not -Genuinely- welcome. We stayed in 12 different BB's in 15 days and this was 2nd worst, just above a last minute booking at a farmhouse in Beaufort.
My 'Average rating' is being kind.
The story gets worse, Way Worse, but, I am a man of my word..and will let it fizzle.....to the same degree as my chances of returning.

7  Thank BentleyBoy
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Although this B&B was not listed in the Bed&Breakfast Guide for Ireland, it turned out to be an insider's tip: Located above Ventry (5km west from Dingle) with a spectacular view over the bay. Very silent and peaceful place, which also can be enjoyed from the Veranda. Beatrice welcomed us with tea and coffee. The frontroom with the wonderful view has a huge kingsize bed, the mattress was the best we encountered in two weeks of Ireland.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Spent 2 lovely nights at "The Plough". Beatrice was very attentive and the breakfast was wonderful. Convenient to travel to all points by car. Definitely an A+ B&B. Wonderful view from our bedroom and very comfortable beds. Great dining suggestion of "The Skipper" a walk to the bottom of the hill. Beautiful surroundings and very friendly people. Very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Main floor is easy access.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband & I had the most wonderful experience while staying at The Plough at the week-end. From start to finish the experience was top-class. On arrival we were greeted with a very hospitable and warm welcome by David who offered us tea or coffee on arrival. That evening Beatrice welcomed us into a beautiful living area where we had coffee to a wonderful open fire. The room was immaculate and en-suite sparklingly clean/Magnificent seaview and lovely gardens. Tea & coffee making facilities very well stocked in the room. There was a full & varied "all you can eat" breakfast menu plus homemade brown bread, piping hot porridge, fresh orange juice & freshly brewed tea/coffee and fresh fruit. A breakfast that sets you up for the day. David & Beatrice were wonderful hosts who gave us a very friendly, warm and homely welcome/very knowledgeable & informative about local walks/facilities etc and they are a great asset to Dingle. We cannot recommend The Plough B & B highly enough.