“Fabulous”
Review of The Bay Tree

The Bay Tree
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The Bay Tree in Portlaoise opened it doors in July 2018 it is a Café Restaurant serving amazing breakfast, Lunch and Desserts, we also specialise in Gluten Free Food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and myself visited last Sunday for the first time for some lunch. On entering staff brought us to our seats and gave us menus. A short while later waitress returned to take our order - we both had chicken Caesar salad to start just a perfect portion size nice amount of chicken and dressing not overpowering very very good. For our mains my husband had roast beef with mash veg and gravy beef was lovely and tender and fine size portion he asked for more gravy as he likes lots and not a problem. I opted for fish and chips which was haddock batter so light and crispy and hot and fresh tartar sauce and chips also lovely. Portion size was just right on both options. My husband opted for a dessert - dessert selection is incredible!!! He had lemon meringue pie which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had a lovely hot cappuccino! Staff were just so nice friendly and helpful esp Viktoria, Pauline and blonde chap the barista who makes the lovely coffees! I loved the layout and tables and the overall feel of the restaurant. I was very impressed and would definitely return and have told lots of people to come and visit even for a coffee and dessert - all homemade! Thanks a lot guys :-)

1  Thank ShellyKelly2015

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely place for a catch up with friends staff are lovely and friendly food was lovely and the gluten free desserts are to die for

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for Sunday lunch and the food was fantastic spoke with a lady called Pauline who was very polite and helpful will definitely be back again excellent food and excellent service

1  Thank dstan1984
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Fantastic lunch at the bay tree. Lots of gluten free options available, particularly for desert. Delicious food and the staff were lovely. We will be back.

1  Thank siobhanoconnor27
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Came upon The Bay Tree during a stroll in Portlaoise.We were hugely impressed with menu and quality of food. Excellent ambience, value and service. Well done! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank CynicismKane