Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
US$125
US$111
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,692 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morninglovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiescouldn't faultsaturday nightwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have been at Marriott Ashbourne for a short week end. We bought the citydeal offer. The hotel is brilliant. The service was perfect. Quick check in and check out. The room was very spacious and clean with a nice cot for our baby. We had a drink in the bar. So good in the sofa with all the sun. The bar was also good at night for dinner. Classico clasisic menu but very nice and not expensive. Overall I would recommend this hotel to all family wanted to escape the city for a week end. Very relaxing ans peacefull. We didn't use it but the hotel also has a swimming pool, spa treatment and wellness center.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Julienchito
Reviewed 28 February 2012

stayed here with 2 kids for one night.the kids thought it was the best hotel they ever stayed in.stayed in family room.leisure centre very good as was breakfast.would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group who had booked a Christmas party night in the hotel, which was on special offer on a deals website. On arrival the staff were friendly enough. We checked in and went to our rooms. The decor in the hotel is really very nice. Modern and contemporate. One issue I had with the room was the fact that there was no lock on the bathroom door. As it was just myself and my partner staying in the room, it didn't bother me too much. But under any other circumstances, I wouldn't have been happy. The hotel itself is outside of Ashbourne town, so if anyone wants to go into the town, either a 10-15 minute walk or a taxi is the only way.

We made our way to the restaurant for the beginning of the "Christmas party night". The deal was advertised as €19.99 instead of €39.99. As the advertisement was worded this way, you would expect to get, for €19.99, what you would ordinarily get for €39.99. However, this was not the case. The food in the restaurant was lovely. However, the service was not great and the staff seemed a bit rude. The "entertainment" was a one-man-band who played in the general bar area. This is not what was advertised in the Christmas party night deal. The music was awful and there was no atmosphere. We were in the regular bar which was open to the general public who had the "pleasure" of the "band" without having any of the cost. At this stage I was disappointed and annoyed. I went to reception and booked a taxi into Ashbourne town, explaining to the receptionist that we were all very disappointed with the evening. Her explanation was "ah, usually there'd be a few more in on a Saturday night. It might liven up later on". No thanks!

We took a taxi into Ashbourne (at our own expense) and went to a local nightclub, which again we had to pay for on top of having already paid for the Christmas party night. Later we returned to the hotel and to the bar. There were still quite a few people there and we had been told that the bar will stay open as long as there are customers. We didn't want to be there all night, but as the night had been such a disaster, we fancied another couple of drinks. The bar staff were extremely rude. They said they would stop serving us if they felt like it. I should point out at this stage that we are a quiet bunch. We weren't loud or disruptive. There was a very drunk woman in the bar who decided to take exception to me for some unknown reason and kept shouting abuse at me. Her husband who was with her was very embarrassed and apologetic, but the abuse continued. Despite the fact that the staff could see this happening, nothing was done. Not one member of staff asked her to leave, behave, keep her voice down etc. In the end we went to bed, but could hear the drunk woman outside still screaming, particularly about me. No idea what rattled her cage!

We had quite a comfortable sleep and awoke the next morning ready for breakfast. Again we made our way to the restaurant and once again, the staff were quite rude. There was one young guy who was very nice and helpful. I think his name may have been Hugh, but I can't remember. Everyone else made us feel like we were an imposition to them.

On the face of it, this hotel is quite impressive. But I would not advise staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarDar13
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed in the hotel for one night,We were met by a rude receptionist who wouldn't look at us and was not one bit friendly,i am a receptionist myself so there was a few things i was looking out for.The room was lovely,couldn't complain abut that.We ordered room service for breakfast but it did not arrive because it had been thorn off our door,so we had a late breakfast,We entered the breakfast room to meet yet another member of staff,think she was the breakfast Manager again wasn't very approachable.It doesn't hurt to be nice.
Overall the hotel and room was beautiful but pity about the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A00171892
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Both my mum & I stayed here last weekend for one night. We booked it on Citydeal. Our stay included one nights accommodation with breakfast & a glass of prosecco. From the moment we arrived we were met with smiling faces & a can do attitude. Nothing was a problem for the staff. The bedroom was huge & the bed was super comfortable & there was a double shower in the bathroom :o). Both the bedroom & bahtroom were spotlessly clean. We had dinner in the bar that evening & the food was of a very high standard & there was a good selection. Breakfast the next morning was buffet style with plenty of fresh fruit, breads & juices. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel & will hopefully get to stay again soon. Great Job marriott !!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends