1,813 results
All reviews tayto park red bar play room swimming pool kids club family hotel dublin zoo family break two double beds next morning changing rooms lovely hotel bar food great facilities leisure facilities great night couldn't fault
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed overnight prior to a wedding, a large group of us with at least 15-20 rooms booked. The day before arriving staff had rang to confirm our booking yet when we arrived the rooms were under the wrong names and 2 rooms we were initially over charged, which eventually was sorted. We couldn’t fault the rooms, very spacious and clean, with everything you needed.

Unfortunately the bar service left a lot to be desired. Yes it was a very busy weekend given the WC was on and it’s holiday season, but a hotel in this location given what attractions are nearby, should be able to cope with a full house. We were in the bar area for most of the day, and at lunch time we were the only people there yet 3 food orders were sent out wrong and dietary preferences seemed to be blatantly ignored. In the evening, we were told the ice machine on the bar had broke, but staff were selectively giving ice to certain customers, pints had to be sent back due to taste and dirty glassware, we waited over an hour and a half for one bowl of chips (for an 80+ year old couple), over charged on food bills, food bills being merged as one for separate paying groups on separate tables. There was no explanation or any sort of apology from staff on the night and we couldn’t get hold of a manager to speak to them about the issues.

The whole dinner/evening service seriously let down our expectations of the hotel and it would take a lot for us to use the venue again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Daniel S,
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding our hospitality on tripadvisor. I was glad to learn that you found the hotel to be lovely despite poor service in the bar on the day in question. As a team we welcome the feedback given as it offers a genuine opportunity to evaluate our services and thus the chance to restore or improve same if needed. Rest assured that the comments given will be used in a constructive manner to close this apparent gap in our services. This along with the kind comments about our spacious and clean rooms have been passed on to our team. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne so that we can improve on your perception of us.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

My family and stayed here for 2 nights
(2 small kids and 2 adults), we liked the location because it was handy for Tayto Park and Dublin Zoo.

We had breakfast in the restaurant both days and found plenty of choice and staff were very attentive, however at night in the bar area the service was a lot slower and the waiting staff all seemed very inexperienced on the floor. We waited over an hour for our mains both nights.

The room was on the 5th Floor which was a good size, we found the mattresses on both beds very thin and really uncomfortable, I mentioned to the reception staff on leaving but she wasn’t really interested.

Overall an average hotel, for the money you’d expect to get better nights sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank peter c

Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I was pleased to learn that you and your family appreciated most aspects of our hospitality bar having a restful night. The kind comment about our attentive staff have been communicated to our team who I know will appreciate the gesture. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I had contacted this hotel on 05/07 and requested a quote for two interconnecting room with the Tayto Park & Funtasia deal. I was quoted 455euro, however when I actually attempted to book this deal over the phone a few day later the price had risen by 200euro. The lady on reservations was quite matter of fact and highlighted that she did not know why I was quoted the initial price but when I questioned this sudden unexpected hike in price explaining that I had my initial quote in an email, she was very quick to highlight that contained within the email is the following line "all rates are subject to change".
I am very disappointed and very surprised at this tactic/line.

Yours Sincerely,

Liam Mc Conalogue

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank LiamsExperience
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Liam,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your initial contact with the hotel. I am sorry that this was a confusing experience and there is obviously a miscommunication somewhere. The feedback has been passed on to our reservations department and front desk for their individual considerations. If you need assistance in the future regarding any bookings, feel free to contact me directly. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here this past week. We had a nightnaway to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was big, bright and so welcoming with the AC on cool.... spotless clean. We had bar food on arrival which was really nice. We then went to the pool, great facilities and lovely pool, Jacuzzi. All of the staff we dealt with couldn't have been any more helpful. Very friendly. We had dinner in Ashbourne village which is 2km away, but came back to the hotel and had late drinks in the bar, which has a really nice, relaxed atmosphere. I would certainly recommend the Pillo Hotel to anyone. I know we'll be returning.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear PatriciaDoyle,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and your husband on the wonderful occasion of a 21ar wedding anniversary. The kind praises about our great rooms, friendly staff, nice food and pool area have all been passed on to our team who I know will treasure them. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is amazing i got married here just over a week ago and everything so amazing francesca and the staff were brilliant they went above and beyond too make our day so perfect i highly recommend the pillo for your wedding or even just a break stunning

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha M

Dear Samanth M,
Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts after your recent wedding with us on tripadvisor. The Kind accolades regarding our brilliant staff have all been passed on to our team and Francesca in particular. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo hotel & spa Ashbourne in the near future.

Warm Regards,