“Vintage luxury with superior service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glaslough
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My stay at Castle Leslie left me promising to return. It was far too brief with just one night.
The castle and surrounds are breath taking. The ambience is vintage luxury. Each room is unique. No modern day distractions such as tv but wi-fi is available.

I arrived late in the evening. Checkin was very friendly and efficient. there are no lifts but the receptionist did show me to my room. I stayed in Norman's room which has a 4 poster bed and a view overlooking the garden. The room was just fab.

I was too late for bar food but I got a main course of pork belly in the dinning room. The service was superb, every staff member was attentive and friendly. my dinner was excellent, presentation, service, taste - a truly amazing main course. The menu was great, i found it difficult to make a decision as all the options looked so tempting.

Breakfast was incredible the next morning. The selection ranged from yogurts, frest fruit juices, followed by choices of full irish, pancakes etc. The presentation and service was fantastic.

After breakfast, I went for a walk on the grounds, stunning.

Although a brief stay I would thoroughly recommend it and will hopefully get an opportunity to enjoy a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: If you wish to use the treatment rooms, book in advance.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ciarrigal
CastleLeslie, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear Guest

My team and I would like to pass on our thanks and appreciation for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay with us in The Castle at Castle Leslie Estate.

The team will be delighted to read your comments and praise, thank you again for your recognition of their efforts.

We are heartened by your kind words and recognition of our restaurant dining experience for both dinner and breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to discover more of the estate and its enchanting idyllic setting.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed in the Lodge at Castle Leslie for an overnight escape in November. The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable, and overlooks the riding stables. Castle Leslie has wonderful groudns, unfortunately the weather meant we didn't get to explore a lot of it. We ate in Snaffles restaurant as the Castles dining room was not open that night. The food was good, not high cuisine but an acceptable standard. We went up to the castle on Saturday morning and it is beautifully maintained and well worth a visit. When we were checking out we had a query about the room rate and also our entitlement to a bottle of house wine. The room rate was clarified the following day. However, despite 3 e-mails, we are still waiting on clarification in relation to the wine. It is unfortunate that the customer service lets down the establishment, as it has everything else going for it. It has coloured our opinion about returning there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank HenriettaDublin
CastleLeslie, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear Guest

My team and I would like to pass on our thanks and appreciation for taking the time to write your review, regarding your recent stay with us in The Lodge at Castle Leslie Estate.

Thank you, for your very kind comments regarding your guest bed room in The Lodge and our Castle and grounds. Our Accommodation and Maintenance/Gardening Team will be delighted to read your comments and praise of their continued hard work.

I am disappointed to read your comments in relation to your query regarding your wine, I understand that this matter is resolved and on behalf of the team, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again to discover more of the estate and its enchanting idyllic setting.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife: "When you're staying in a good hotel, you can relax, confident that you will have an enjoyable experience." This is Castle Leslie, tucked away on an Irish estate, just over the border from N Ireland. We stayed in one of the named rooms in the Lodge, overlooking the estate's riding stables. The room was very comfortable, warm -- as was the rest of the hotel -- on a cold, clear December weekend. Restaurant service is excellent, and food is perfectly prepared. The estate and small community around it, Glaslough, offer short and peaceful walks, past the castle itself, to the small lake beyond -- interludes around an exceptionally well organised wedding party, which took place in the castle, itself a superb venue for the occasion.

Room Tip: Take advice from staff ahead of visiting -- they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

My team and I would like to pass on our thanks and appreciation for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay with us in The Lodge at Castle Leslie Estate.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found your guestroom comfortable and relaxing.

Thank you also for your kind comments about our service and our cuisine.

We are delighted you took the opportunity to explore a small part of the estate on your visit. The Village of Glaslough which is on our door step is full of warmth and character; the local business owners offer a warm welcome and a neighborly chat.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again to discover more of the estate and its enchanting idyllic setting.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Caste Leslie is by far the most beautiful place I have ever stayed in. Fabulous unique bedrooms, top quality food, amazing service, picturesque grounds and fantastic spa facilities, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The dinner was one of the best Ive had in any restaurant, and the breakfast was delicious with a huge variety both in the buffet and cooked options. We were sad to hear the dining room in the castle will close in the New Year. We stayed in Shane's Room, which was really romantic with lovely views of the lake and grounds. The drawing room and library were so relaxing with the open fires and variety of newspapers and interesting books and quirky magazines. My only regret is that we didn't staying longer! Will definately return, top class hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room that you like on booking!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ro346

Dear Guest

We are heartened by your kind words and recognition of Shane's bedroom, Castle reception areas, Spa and the Restaurant.

The Castle Restaurant team at the Castle dining room is moving to Snaffles Restaurant located in The Lodge from the New Year. Snaffles won the "Best Hotel Restaurant" in Ulster 2011 for its dining and food experience. The Food & Beverage Team are very excited with this new opportunity to enhance further the dining experience in Snaffles, which now becomes are main evening dining restaurant on the estate from 2012.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at Castle leslie for a wedding in October......oh my what a time. I wouldn't normally stay in such high standard establishments but thought we would treat ourselves. It was wonderful and magical. We stayed in Anita's room, I slept really well, beautiful bathroom and really really loved the decor. I was spoiled for breakfast...fresh berries, fresh juices, lots of cereal and fresh breads to pick from and oh the hot breakfast too. I don't eat meat nor do I drink milk but that wasn't a problem as all my needs were catered for. Thank you very much for a really truely magical stay. How will i ever experience such standards again!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hayden_sandra

Castle Leslie Estate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glaslough
9.2 km away
39.9 km away
Shirley Arms Hotel
Shirley Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carrickmacross

Been to Castle Leslie Estate? Share your experiences!