1,191 results
All reviews leisure centre conservatory bar executive room woodland walk lovely hotel the outdoor hot tub kids club bit dated short break main restaurant relaxing stay last weekend saturday night beautiful location food was lovely bar food both nights
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I stayed here last weekend.Wonderful setting but did not live up to four star.Housekeeping poor, dishes not washed or collected .No replen of water and lack of different teas or coffees.Attention to detail not there.Whilst coming back to room from leisure centre one supervisor tearing into a member of staff and even as we left the scene we could still hear her.On the plus side our food was delicious and the staff in the dining area were very pleasant,

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank fergusonagri
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the drop in housekeeping standards experienced. Please be assured this is not our usual standard. I very much regret not having had the opportunity of resolving your dissatisfaction prior to your departure. This is a matter we take very seriously and suffice it to say that the issues highlighted by you are being investigated.

On a positive note I am pleased to hear you had a very enjoyable dining experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion when it will be my pleasure to personally oversee your stay and ensure that your future impression is much more positive.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stayed here over the weekend for my sons communion as family came from all over.
Pros: Super staff and beautiful location.
Cons: Poor food and swimming pool is not in a good state of repair.
Wouldn't recommend this hotel and certainly wont be staying again which is unfortunate as it has the capacity to be an excellent venue given its location which is stunning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher G
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I am extremely sorry to hear that we did not entirely meet your expectation on this occasion. I am particularly disappointed to read your comment regarding the food, as we have built up an excellent reputation in the area and our food is normally received very well This reputation is something we would like to maintain and I can assure you the matter is being investigated at present. It is unfortunate you did not mention this to one of our staff on the day, as the satisfaction of our customers is of highest priority and we would have tried our best to rectify any issues.

With regard to your comment relating to the Swimming Pool. I am pleased to advise that we are currently carrying out major refurbishment in the Leisure Centre at present and your comment is extremely helpful with this process. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope you can accept my apology and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. I really would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel on a future occasion when it will be my pleasure to make arrangements personally for you.

In the meantime, if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Stayed here for 3 days room was not ready when we arrived the hotel upgraded us to a family room it was huge we had a great time meals in restaurant were great value and plenty of food on plate staff were friendly

Room Tip: Negotiate at reception for room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jnulty371630
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit including your accommodation, your measl and the service received from the team.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I am just back from a one night stay at this hotel over the May Bank Holiday weekend. Despite the great facilities (beautiful views, superb garden walks, outdoor hot tub) this hotel lacks 4 star standards.Although I enjoyed my stay, it did lack a couple of things.

Firstly, customer service needs to be improved on. This hotel lacks the 4 star welcome. Staff greatly need to improve on their customer service. For a bank holiday weekend with a wedding taking place in the hotel, there was a very poor selection of drinks at bar and also very over priced. Poor selection of dishes on evening menu. Only carvery available on Sunday, we were both looking for some light bar food.

Not too far from Bray and Greystones, I would recommend a trip to both villages.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank westmeath2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am extremely sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion and that there were aspects of your stay you were not completely satisfied with. I very much regret not having had the opportunity of resolving your dissatisfaction prior to your departure.

I am truly shocked and disappointed with your comments regarding the team and the lack of customer care received. We are a family friendly hotel with a fantastic, professional team that take a personal pride in the hotel and it's guests experiences.

With regard to our meal offerings, The Conservatory Bistro not only offers the popular carvery lunch but also a range of speciality dishes, with a selection of hot dishes and a wide choice of light snacks from our salad bar selection. Our guests can also choose from our extensive table d’hote menu’s in our award winning fine dining Woodlands Restaurant. The Restaurant is also opened for Sunday lunch and dinner .

On a positive note I am happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful views, superb garden walks and our outdoor Canadian hot tub.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion when it will be my pleasure to personally oversee your stay and ensure that your future impression is much more positive

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I attended a AGM meeting in board room 2. Lovely view and great facilities. Everything provided. I would arrange my meetings here in the future. Easy to get to from main N11. It would be a great location for a wedding.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are pleased to hear you were very satisfied with our facilities for you Annual General Meeting in the Hotel.

Many thanks also for your recommendation. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.