“Vow Renewal within the magic of Glendalough”

Glendalough Guided Walks
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, I'm Martin Swords, and my Glendalough Guided Walks offers you an interesting guided walk 'n talk for about two hours through the beautiful Glendalough Monastic City and the Valley of the Two Lakes, fascinating, humorous, not too strenuous, no hills to climb,and a nice cuppa' at the Glendalough Hotel to finish
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Martin Swords went above and beyond to ensure a day of magic as my wife and I enjoyed a private guided tour of Glendalough and surrounding areas on our 10th wedding anniversary. Our day was capped with a vow renewal on the shore of the Upper Lake with Martin as celebrant.

Martin is engaging and kind throughout and builds an instant rapport which puts the visitor at ease. His outreach in advance of our visit and facilitation of logistics made for a stress-free and memorable experience which we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Should you wish to experience the beauty of Glendalough and the Wicklow environs, we unreservedly recommend that you contact Martin Swords.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"waterfall"
"scenery"

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Just did our walk with Martin yesterday and it was excellent. He was very knowledgable about the history and the area. My husband and I totally enjoyed it, even in the rain. Martin suggested wicklow gaol which we went to and it also was very good.

MartinSwords, Owner at Glendalough Guided Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you Lori, Glad you enjoyed the walk, and glad too that you enjoyed my suggestion to visit Wicklow Gaol. Thank you, and pass the word. Martin Swords

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We were two couples and we did not know what to expect, we only hoped for some insights into the area. But we received so much more. During the 3.5 hours Martin told us anything there is to know about Glendalough, Saint Kevin, Irish History and told us many stories. There was many tours going on around us, but we could tell their tour guides did not have half the knowledge Martin had and sure enough did not spend the amount of time on the details we were given. We enjoyed every minute and we can recommend Martin to anyone that wants to know that bit more!

MartinSwords, Owner at Glendalough Guided Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you Stefanie for your kind and generous review. It was a pleasure to guide you all. Take home many happy memories of Ireland. Send good weather, and as I told you on the walk - 'that wasn't rain that was falling, it was liquid grass'. Martin Swords for Glendalough Guided Walks.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I'm a solo, young, female traveler and took a private tour with Martin. I had the best time and it was so much more personal than those big tour groups that look packed like they have 30 people in them. Martin taught me so much about the history of Glendalough and of Ireland. He took some great pictures of me too. We had coffee afterwards and had a wonderful chat. He gave me some great advice about my travels in Ireland. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank valleylily
MartinSwords, Owner at Glendalough Guided Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to guide you.
Hope you liked the poems, and that the rest of your holiday in Ireland was just as enjoyable. Hope the advice I gave you was good, and that you take home happy memories.
Martin