All reviewsafternoon teajunior suiteirish seafour poster bedcountry houseold world charmold housewicklow townlovely groundssea viewrelaxing stayold stylebeefset menulovely roomsconeswedding venue
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Attended a wedding at Tinakilly.
The rooms are tired, grubby carpets, dated bathrooms. The owner told us when the wedding was booked over a year in advance that all the bathrooms would be updated. This clearly did not happen. The worst thing was there was NO HOT WATER and NO HEATING (in December!!!)
Reception wasn’t remotely bothered about this and didn’t even apologize
The room rate charged for weddings is way too high for the standard of rooms offered.
Do not book this venue for a wedding, it’s way too expensive for what you get.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A huge shoutout to Sissel, who greeted us upon our arrival with a huge welcoming smile. We had an immediate connection, easily conversing and bonding-culminating in a lovely pix, see below.
And to cap it off, she very kindly upgraded us to a suite which made our overnight stay, and last nite of our Irish roaming very memorable. Thank you!!!!

Additionally, we wish Cesar (spelling?) our friendly, conversant dinner server the best of luck, as he navigates his future travels to Vancouver, British Columbia, to further pursue a law career.

Overall,
A wonderful evening spent with very welcoming hotel staff, great food and drinks served in the lounge/ bar, enjoyable accommodations, and a refreshing historical reboot in this grand country manor and lush gardens.

Pam and David K, Toronto,

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pam K
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I recently arranged to meet some friends from overseas who were staying at this hotel for a meal and some drinks. There are magnificent grounds surrounding this large period property which was originally the home of the world renowned maritime figure Captain Robert Halpin. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and there is a nice atmosphere throughout the building. The young lady who served us in one of the quieter lounges was lovely as was the manager who was most attentive. However, there was one young man serving in the bar across the foyer from where we sat who was neither friendly nor helpful. He did not treat me with either courtesy or respect when I approached him to order drinks. He was clearly not used to dealing with independent well travelled senior citizens as he looked at me as if I were some sort of sub-species! His attitude bordered on rude. He clearly needs some further training in how to deal with guests. Apart from that it was a lovely hotel, very comfortable and inviting and a thoroughly nice place to eat. I have not given it the full 5 stars because of this young man's bad manners and attitude towards a senior citizen.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank morganhelen64
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The grounds of the Tinakilly are absolutely stunning and impeccably kept. The view from our room was amazing! The rooms are spacious and clean. The dining staff was wondeful! Very kind and welcoming.

We would have rated this higher was but not completely happy with all of the staff. Most were very nice, however; we had called down our first night ref a maintenance issue with the toilet in the bathroom to the front desk. We were informed “you are in Ireland (like we didn’t know), that’s how toilets work here and we don’t have anyone here tonight to address the issue.” We had to fill the tank using the water wand from the bathtub.

BUT... The morning desk person was much more receptive and had the issue corrected as there was a problem.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mslaw1437
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Yet another four star hotel in the middle of the countryside charging extortionate rates because they know they have a captive audience with guests attending a wedding at the hotel.

€200 a night for an admittedly large room is just unacceptable for what is a four star hotel in the middle of the four star spectrum.

The room was large but the bed was so uncomfortable that two days later, I still have an extremely sore lower back. The drain in the bathroom was so badly blocked that the shower (wet room style) overflowed into the bedroom. The phone in the bedroom didn’t work and I had to walk down to reception to request extra towels (to mop up the floor) and an iron etc.

The food in the bar was very nice but the two barmen I encountered were distinctly lacking in friendliness.

The grounds are beautifully tended.

The price of alcohol was reasonable.

The food I had as part of the wedding was fine, nothing particularly special, but adequate.

A word of warning-if you are not attending a wedding and you want a peaceful night’s sleep, I would not recommend staying at this hotel. I went to bed early on the Friday night and I could hear the wedding band and then the DJ into the wee hours of the morning from my room. If I wasn’t attending the wedding, I would have been incensed that I couldn’t sleep.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple