“Amazing 4 day break”

Price range: US$36 - US$45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Jersey and it had long been on my bucket list.

If you haven't been to Jersey before then what a beautiful island it is and I honestly can't recommend it highly enough.

The whole island is immaculately clean and it really is just a beautiful relaxed chilled out island.

I stayed at the L'Horizon hotel in St Brelaide (that might be spelt slightly wrong) and again what a beautiful hotel. This is situated right on the promenade on the sea front in big beautiful bay which has amazing scenic views.

I can't find a fault with the hotel, the rooms were lovely, really spacious and big and decorated to a very high modern style.

The food was simply exquisite and the weekend I stayed there was a big regatta which was attended by over 200 people so the Saturday night was brilliant.

The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. In particular I'd like to give a special mention to Tony who I believe is the deputy GM. He bent over backwards to help us and went above and beyond so a big thank you Tony.

My conclusion is that I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It's a beautiful building in a beautiful location and the decor is beautiful and food us even better.

An easy 10 / 10.

Ps I've just seen someone has voted this hotel as terrible... really??? I'm gobsmacked and would love to see the reason why as I've stayed in some fine hotels all over the world and this was easily in my top category

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This is a classic hotel of good quality and in a fantastic location on the beach in St. Brelades Bay, but on our visit we were very disappointed with the performance of the restaurant service.
Staff seemed incapable of attending to a customer in a timely manner as no-one seemed to be looking for a guest wishing to order something. Waits of 10, 15 or 20 minutes were not uncommon, unless you were prepared (as we were) to make our needs known. Worse still was the inability or refusal to clear away dirty glasses or plates. On our first night when we left our table after a couple of drinks and a light snack the glasses from our first drink were still on the table, despite at least 3 visits by staff. At breakfast tables were left uncleared with left over food and drinks whilst guests queued for tables. I counted 12 dirty tables at breakfast this morning alone. This is a management and training issue that I am sure will be resolved, but we changed our plans about dining here in the evening because of this awful service level. A great shame because it took the edge off a wonderful break.
I must say though that the young man preparing breakfast, and especially the poached eggs, does not fall into this category. His area was spotlessly clean and he was completely on the ball when providing great service to guests.
I did speak to reception about this and they admitted they had problems and had many complaints, so I am confident that improvements will be made.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We were scoffed at by one waiter for thinking we could even eat at any point at the restaurant if we did not have a reservation. Funny, since some of the tables stayed open for hours. When we did finally eat there the food was average, especially for the prices, and we had to beg the staff to serve us.

1  Thank jeanettek93
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This is an excellent Hotel to stay,visit.
5***** Hotel and Service.
Beautiful views.
Excellent food.
Excellent Service.
Very large carpark.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We ate here twice during our long weekend at l'Horizon. Apparently the calves liver was extremely good; although it came with different vegetables from those advertised on the menu.The rib-eye steak was superb the first night and good the second. Starters are fairly pricey for what they are (especially soup, as you get a bread roll anyway) but tasty. All in all, a very good meal in pleasant surroundings - served by excellent staff.