“Cold, wet and windy and that was just the weather!”

Jersey Crab Shack St Brelade
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in St Brelade
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stop on the Restaurant roof, stop is Oyster Box stop.
Description: The Crab Shack is located on the promenade in St Brelades Bay just 2 meters from the beach and sea, we are part of the Jersey Pottery group of restaurants, where we really care about guaranteeing quality and have a dedication and commitment to the island of Jersey and its produce both on land and sea.
Reviewed 23 December 2017

My wife and I visited this restaurant last September (2017). We had previously read some very good reviews of this place, so we thought that we would try it. To be fair, the weather was quite awful and because you have to mess about on wet, slippery steps to reach it (my wife has arthritis in her legs) we were prepared not to like it before we went in, The restaurant is quite big and there was no sense of an intimate ambience, the chairs are wooden and very uncomfortable and the food arrived lukewarm and not particularly well cooked. There were lots of young people there and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, so maybe it's just a question of age. I would imagine that it's quite different when the sun is shining and you can look out over the water, but sorry, not an enjoyable experience for us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,515)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Went for Sunday Lunch with friends and enjoyed excellent food. We had a table window and throughout the meal was able to view the beautiful beaches. Good service from friendly staff

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We visited at the weekend, and it was quite quiet. We enjoyed the food and the service.

The only reason that this isn’t rated excellent is because we were a little disappointed that there wasn’t more seafood (and crab) dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I was exploring in the evening and found this place. I found it welcoming and the friendly staff found a table for me. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed.
The service was quick. I had the crab tacos and the rocket salad as a side. Both dishes were fresh and tasty.
I would come here again.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Asked if we could eat close to their closing time and told it was not a problem. Restaurant was pretty busy but the service was excellent, and the food was nicely presented and very tasty.