The Savoy Jersey(St Helier)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
De L'etang(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$119
Apollo Hotel(St Helier)
US$160
  • Pool
US$226
Avoca Villa Guest House(St Helier)(Great Value!)
US$114
Banjo(St Helier)
US$182
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea poolrecently refurbished roomsopposite the beachseaside hotelhavre des pasfamily roomsea facing roomevening mealcar parkhotel poolout of seasontown centreensuite bathroomplenty of storagelovely bathroomsingle roomfull english
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

A great contrast between the room and rest of the hotel. The room was a very spacious sea view family room with balcony refurbished in a subtle New England style and huge bathroom with bath and separate shower. Couldn’t fault it. The rest of the hotel however doesn’t maintain the quality. Breakfast was an ok buffet with reasonable choice . There was a quite unpleasant cooking smell in the corridor on a few days . The front public areas are soulless and little used. Tables set for dinner in the conservatory but never used. A drab basement bar that no one would want to sit in for long. The public areas basically need a thorough rethinking and better staff management. Tables had glasses left on them for a long time , a hoover randomly left in the front area on the floor. Management basically absent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger W
INS, General Manager at Ommaroo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Roger W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I was delight read your positive comments regarding your room.
The Ommaroo hotel has an ongoing programme of refurbishment which has seen all 82 revamped in recent months.
The public areas will shortly see new carpets throughout and a new Brasserie dining concept is being introduced which will make full use
of the conservatory area offering stunning sea views.

Thank you once again for your review which I have used to underline service standards with the team as we begin 2018 season.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I've just returned from a 1 night business stay in Jersey, I booked this hotel through booking.com and it was so easy and cheap (for a half term, bank holiday week). The hotel is easy to find, free parking and all very clean. The room was quiet, clean and perfect, the shower was excellent, nice an powerful. From within the room, you can access the free WiFi and throughout the evening it was quick enough to watch YouTube videos.

I had the breakfast and the food is excellent. All in all a great place and I'd definitely book again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Antarcticfox
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Just competed a lovely 3 night break at this hotel.

We had no issues with music, plumbing or view, infact our family room was modern, clean, newly decorated and had a view of the outdoor swimming pool.

Ok the hotel is over 100 years old and does have the odd squeaky floorboard but this isn't classed as a five star hotel. Our kids all said it was their favourite hotel, albeit they don't have the years and experience of myself or the wife.

Breakfast was good and plentiful, setting us up for the day. A bus stop within 50 yards outside gave us access to the whole island. A corner shop 100 yards down the road gave the kids a treat and supplies for our outings and the beach was a stone throws away across the road. Do check out bus passes for the buses on Jersey.

We ate twice at the hotel and it was nice, flavoursome and very good value for the price. All staff we came across, including cleaners, were cheerful, helpful and kind. The pool was opened every time we requested it and towels provided.

All in all we would recomend this hotel, and can't wait to return.

Well done Ommaroo.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
INS, General Manager at Ommaroo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
It was a pleasure to read such positive comments which I wil certainly share with the team.

Ian

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has been around for nearly 100 years and is in need of considerable updating.
The staff are pleasant and helpful and the breakfast is excellent, although why they feel it necessary to play god awful music is beyond me.
The room was another matter altogether - every morning I would look out of the window to a view of the car park! My neighbours were an inconsiderate bunch with doors slamming at all hours, dogs barking, kids running up and down the corridor shouting and screaming, not to mention the creaking floorboards everywhere you went. Noise from the plumbing was appalling and the people upstairs had obviously come to Jersey for a tap dancing contest and were getting in some practice. I have never stayed in a worse room.
It is highly unlikely I will ever come to Jersey again, but if I did, I certainly wouldn’t stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
INS, General Manager at Ommaroo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear DS,

Thank You for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Ommaroo Hotel.

It was very pleasing to read your very positive comments regarding breakfast and the helpfulness of staff members.

I was sorry to hear that you where disturbed by noise from other guests during your stay, I'm not sure if you reported this but feel certain that the Duty Manager would have addressed the issue had they been made aware.

It is common for some guest to request a quiet room or a room with a Sea View both are happily arranged with only the latter attracting a supplement.

As you mentioned the Hotel is over 100 yrs old with many original features.

That said this week sees the completion of a refurbishment programme which has seen a total revamp of all 82 rooms and included replacing bathrooms , Carpets, soft furnishings and installing flat Screen tv's.

Thank you once again for your review, I hope that you would consider returning to the Ommaroo in the future when we would be only too happy to allocate a quieter room.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel at a great location. Staff were friendly and approachable and the room comfortable. Although this hotel has undergone refurbishment there appears to be a few issues, the plumbing seems somewhat temperamental and our shower was little more than a trickle. However the room was very clean and we slept well. Located a little outside the town centre opposite an amazing beach and seawater lido. We didn't eat at the hotel, no reason, it's just that we enjoy trying different eateries, but the restaurant looked nice. Would definitely stay again if we go back to Jersey.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickmj123
INS, General Manager at Ommaroo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear nickmj,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that your room was comfortable.

I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your shower and I can assure you that this has now been rectified.