“Superb meal in a friendly restaurant.”

Drifter's Beach Bar & Bistro
Ranked #15 of 233 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We ate here last night, 1 May 2017, and had a superb meal. Amazing gambas to start then the best belly pork I have ever eaten and delicious crackling. Friendly owner service in a casual atmosphere. Will be returning for the fillet steak which looks delish! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived fifteen minutes late having had difficulty finding this restaurant to find a pretty laid back owner who turned out to be the most accommodating on the island. He offered older customers child portions of everything on the menu which pleased my mother of 87 greatly. My husband and I both had the special of gambas in garlic butter and then belly pork on a bed of cabbage and smoky bacon with mashed potatoes. Both courses were incredibly tasty with the best pork cracking I've ever eaten. On entering the restaurant I saw some scallops and later a fillet steak so we plan on visiting the restaurant later in the week to sample both dishes. My mother had seafood linguine and said the seafood was very good. As there was a bit of a break between the main course we found a bit of room for a dessert, my husband enjoyed a lemon tart and I had a chocolate fondant with chocolate sauce and ice cream with complimentary coffees of Baileys and Amaretto and cream. All in all an exceptionally good meal, think I might have to fast tomorrow until dinner time but well worth it! This restaurant comes highly recommended. Enjoy!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We came by chance and we were happy to came here!
Super moment
Delicious food
Very welcoming and kind staff!!!
And a beautiful view
You can go there without thinking!

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Couldn't fault this restaurant excellent food fabulous service new update of furniture and decor and a sunny lovely beach side spot

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have just eaten at Drifters a couple of times now and the food is excellent, the staff are really attentive, they even have a great wine list. Their steaks are amazing, no mean cuts of meat you get a proper steak. Would highly recommended this restaurant.