“Mixed food and mixed thoughts”
Review of De L'etang

De L'etang
Ranked #68 of 236 Restaurants in St Helier
Cuisines: Greek, International
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We called in unbooked; our reception was a trifle less than enthusiastic, but they found a table for us.
We like Greek mezes so we decided to try this; especially as most things I don't like, my wife does and vice versa. The cost was £50 for the two of us.The first plates were excellent and we soon finished them off. However the large shank of lamb was a step too far for both of us. We struggled mightily but failed.
My wife passed on the sweet as she doesn't like baklava but I had one, followed by an ouzo and we both had expressos.
All in all it was pleasant, but next time I'll order the meze starters and omit the lamb.
The staff were much more pleasant by the time we ventured out into the drizzle that had started.
I was tempted to give only 3 stars, but the food was well cooked and the atmosphere did improve, so 4 it is.

1  Thank GSteward

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Great food and service at a reasonable price. Well worth a visit stayed in Jersey a week and eat here most nights.

3  Thank jefflT3174DE
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Lovely food Good hosts. We had a very enjoyable evening. The food was well cooked and presented. The menu is ideal for families.

2  Thank lidoville
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Visited with my wife whilst on holiday, a good Greek restaurant but longish wait for main course to appear. Shared a humus starter followed by salmon and chicken kebab which took some time arriving. Including wine the bill came to £45 which was value for money but the restaurant should try to speed up service to avoid disappointing.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We ate here twice during our five day stay because it was good as well as convenient.The jumbo prawns were delicious, the kleftiko tender and plentiful and the steak well cooked and seasoned.