“EXTREMELY RUDE Blonde Female staff member”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #69 of 113 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i come here regularly on nights out with friends and I have consistently heard the blond female manager (I believe her name is Chantelle) being completely dismissive and rude of her staff and customers and behaving like a bully. She spoke to me in a very patronising and snappy way and also swore at me on two separate occasions. I understand being a manager of a busy venue is stressful but her job is to manage not to offend customers and intimidate her staff. I have seen her behaving in a bullying way to four young staff members and she has a reputation among customers as being a bully. Me and my friends have stopped coming here due to her individual behaviour, we do not want to support a business with such rude and poor management. All other staff seem very polite and friendly, however they seem rather run down and stressed out by Chantelle's presence and awful management skills and this is not acceptable. Please address this.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

All other staff at this place were really welcoming and accommodating as I understand that it’s a busy time of year, and as a young person myself, fully understand how stressful this time of year can be for young workers. But a blonde female member of staff with pink Tassle earrings was extremely rude. I was told to ‘f*ck off’ and move out of the way when my card declined at the bar. I will accept this happening If it’s the truth and I am out of funds, however, this was not the case here, and several of my friends then tried to pay for drinks and their cards also declined, and I was told to ‘shut up’ by the same member of staff when I tried to suggest that this may have been a card machine issue and not my personal problem. I was upset from this experience and learned, when I spoke to friends who experienced similarly extremely rude and unwelcoming customer experience from the same staff member that I was not alone.
I would never, ever personally single out a staff member without good reason, but I believe it is entirely inappropriate to have a staff member speak and treat paying customers in such a way. Malfunctions happen, I absolutely understand, but you employ a level of not only professionalism, but basic human decency when dealing with customers.
I don’t know what sort of action is appropriate to be taken in such a situation and I would hate for this to be hugely detrimental to anyone. However, it’s just really not on from a great establishment that is so well loved, and guernsey should pride itself on, and all other members of staff provided a wonderful experience despite being under pressure, therefore I would not comment unless absolutely necessary, but that level of unprofessional and plain rudeness experienced by more than just I, should not be tolerated.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 19 October 2019

We had a good bar meal for £10 as part of tennerfest (pate, burger and lemon posset for me). Well presented. Sports bar. The bar is a few minutes walk off the main shopping street.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

Been here before very nice clean pub friendly bar staff and a nice atmosphere. Just out of the main town with a bit of a hill to climb but well worth the visit

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 18 June 2019

Beautiful beer garden that due to the placement of the many heaters can be enjoyed on even not the greatest of June evenings!

The barman was friendly and attentive and this is a great place to sinks few either at lunch or ahead of dinner in town, worth the walk up the hill on Smith Street!

Date of visit: June 2019