“Arrived to late for food or dessert”
Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Lydford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

A real shame. We arrived. Too late in the afternoon for food, not even a dessert, they finished around 3pm! We had a drink and sat in their lovely garden, very relaxing... perhaps we can try it another day for food. Although, I'm not sure how knowledgeable they are about gluten and dairy free options..

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This is a great old pub offering good service and good food. There is a large car park opposite and in and out door seating. The flagged floors mean that dogs and walking boots are not a problem.
The menu is varied and the specials looked interesting. There is even a take away service .
The loos were clean and the pub was full of amazing photos and artefacts.
We would love to visit again.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Excellent food, friendly staff, traditional bar with a small snug and garden all dog friendly, also another 2 restaurant areas. We visited 3 times this week!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I ordered burger and chips here which were lovely. I sat with the meal and a pint in the beer garden, which is beautiful. I'd highly recommend stopping off here after visiting Lydford Gorge.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Known this pub for many years but until the beginning of this month had not stayed I was not disappointed it was excellent value both for myself and my dog the food and ambience can not be faulted,friendly attentive staff the pub itself is full of rustic old world charm I shall definitely be staying again the perfect place just to chill and relax