Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,509 results
All reviews mash and barrel south beach cafe burger king on site prestige caravan papa johns sports bar swimming pool firing range fun stars the main complex entertainment complex sun holiday crazy golf kids entertainment aerial adventure beach is lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed for the first time at Devon Cliffs. We arrived slightly earlier than our designated time slot but our caravan had it's cleaning sticker on the door so we were able to go in. Firstly I was impressed with the layout of the caravan for a bronze dig friendly van. However on closer inspection we realised that it hadnt been fully cleaned. Dirt on the worktops and floor, dirt in the cupboards, fridge shelves were dirty, shower screen dirty and hairs on floor in bathroom and on top of fridge. I contacted reception and they were quick to send a cleaner down but they didn't do much but hoover the floors. I then went down to reception to complain again and they sent a cleaning supervisor down who arrived before I got back to the van. She wasn't happy. She told us that she was a contractor and they didn't have enough time to clean all the vans due to the check-in times and that they get a list of caravans on a night but this changes the next day. She tried to say the toast crumbs on the worktop were maintenance problem and would we like a new toaster getting to which I said no just the crumbs cleaned up. Not what you want to hear when starting your holiday. I mentioned about the lack of toilet paper in the ensuite and she said they had run out. She also said the duvet covers don't fit the duvets which was obvious when we looked lol. They did sort some of the dirty issues out but we ended up re-cleaning it. I did leave all the first under the dining table seats as didn't feel I should have to clean that. Also found an e-cig under the cushions of the sofa so definitely not had any type of good clean before we arrived.

The bed in the master bedroom was bigger than the actual mattress which meant I kept hitting my legs on the frame getting in and out of bed. The mattress was not comfortable and I was shocked to not see any mattress protector used on the beds or pillows.

Our caravan was in Spruces and we heard a lot of noise from the MOD rifle range which is based down near the beach. Sounded like fireworks sometimes. When we booked we didn't know there would be this noise.

Devon Cliffs is enormous. Lots to explore. Seemed to be lots for the children to do but at extra cost.

Shop prices seemed quite reasonable.

We thought the onsite food and drink prices were high even though you expect to pay higher than town prices. How families with lots of children afford to eat on site I don't know. £16 for a pizza or fish and chips!!

Overall we enjoyed our stay as we used the van as a base to visit family in the area. In fact we booked for the weekend as well. We tried to do this through reception but they only offered a like for like caravan which was over £300 which was a bit extreme as we would be leaving Sunday rather than Monday. They couldn't offer us the same caravan as other guests were booked into it. I ended up going online and booking by telephone. with haven sales and getting a saver dog friendly caravan for under £200. Only bug bear was that we had to checkout at 10am on Friday morning and not book in until 4-5pm evening and with a dog and a car full of stuff, it was hard to know what to do to fill in the time.

Could do with more parking near reception as
Overall we had a good time.

Overall we had a good time

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank H2374JSsarahb
Connor Coombs, Guest Services / Front Office at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear Sarah

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We thank you for the constructive feedback, detailing all the positive and negative experiences you had with us. It allows us to stay informed of what our guests think about our site, and what needs improvement.

I am sorry to hear that you had cleaning difficulties with you van, and with your sleeping arrangement. You were understandably disappointed, and this is absolutely not the experience we wish to provide to our valued guests. You will be pleased to hear that we are recruiting for new members of our Accommodation Team, so we may alleviate this issue.

I am pleased to hear that overall you had a good time, and we hope to see you again, and provide an experience worthy of a 5* review!

Reviewed 15 May 2022

Recently returned from a lovely stay. The caravan we had was pet friendly but was spotless when we arrived, not a pet hair in sight. We were a duvet down but spoke to reception and they delivered one before we arrived back later in the day. The park is absolutely massive so if you want to be closer to the amenities I would 100% suggest paying for a specific location, it's well worth it especially if you're with children. Noise can be heard from the MOD range but it's nothing too dramatic unless closer to the beach. The Bar and Restaurant staff we encountered were all lovely, same can be said for the bouncers, we had two buggies and soon as getting to the doors they were there to help lift them up or down. Didn't encounter any short-changing, drugs, violence or theft - amazing. One criticism I have is the entertainment. There's not enough of it and it doesn't really cater to all. Considering the size of the site I would expect there to be several things going on in a day to keep guests entertained since they have paid extra for a pass. The evening entertainment was average at best but a lot more on offer than the mornings/afternoons. Already booked to come again next year just minus the play pass - it's not worth the extra expense.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Emma

Thank you for your feedback for your recent stay with us here at Devon Cliffs! We are ecstatic to hear that our van was cleaned to the Haven Standard we set ourselves - having a pet friendly doesn't mean it can't be clean!

We are glad to hear that you had great use out of our Choose Your Holiday Home system, as we are aware some guests are desperate to ensure they get where they want to be on park! Whether it be quite, busy, close to the beach, complex, or far.

We also appreciate your constructive feedback, and I have forwarded your comments to the Entertainment Manager. We certainly want to host as much as possible to keep our guests entertained and happy during their stay, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel like we accomplished this. Our Manager will use this data, among others, to continuously improve the experience we provide. Thank you for letting us know!

Thank you for coming, and we cannot wait to see you again next year!

Reviewed 15 May 2022 via mobile

We visited on Monday 9th May for a 4 night break. I have stayed at Devon cliffs every year for the last 5 years now excluding last year due to COVID and the bookings being in high demand we decided to go this year instead, when booking the caravans were listed differently to previous years and now are saver, bronze, silver, gold etc so we booked bronze at first because every year we have visited we have always been able to upgrade on the day if we decided we wanted a higher grade caravan. The check in system is much better than previous years I think it’s amazing how on the haven app you are given the details for which caravan to go to directly instead of queuing at reception and waiting for your caravan keys which at times during previous visits could be quite a wait when busy, we checked in to our caravan which was a bronze caravan the location was great just a few minutes walk from the complex however after upgrading most years we had stayed we visited reception and asked if we could upgrade and the lady at reception was great she managed to upgrade our caravan for us for a small cost and we waited for the caravan to become ready and then we went there and it was a silver grade caravan (previously prestige with decking) I would definitely recommend to anyone booking to go for the silver grade although if you are on a budget the saver and bronze caravan is a great one to book! However the silver caravans are lovely so we are very happy we upgraded.

The facilities on site are amazing and accommodating for all ages, I have a 3 & 5 year old and this year was the first year we visited where they were at a great age to enjoy everything as all the previous years we have visited they were too young to remember however it was a great break for me and my partner even when my girls were much younger however this year with them being the age they are now was great. The swimming pool is great especially as my youngest has only just been introduced to swimming, the shallow part of the pool she loved and my eldest daughter is a more experienced swimmer so got to enjoy all the slides the booking system for swimming was great we booked swimming every day of our break and the millies cookies inside the pool was a lovely treat after a swimming trip!

The arcades have many new things in compared to when we stayed previously which was great to see, the arcade staff are lovely and it was great to see it filled with staff as previous years sometimes if there has been an issue with one of the machines in the arcade it could be difficult to find a member of staff however they had great staffing levels. The entertainment every night was great however the only thing we found really disappointing was the lack of the seaside squad being shown, for a Monday to Friday stay they only had the seaside squad show at 6pm on the Monday and Wednesday which was a shame due to the amount of young children being there it would be great to see the seaside squad back at 6pm each evening during our next stay, however the entertainment was amazing it was just a shame the children didn’t get to see much of the seaside squad during our stay, and having photos with the seaside squad previous years staff would take the photos and then we would get a number slip with the option to buy the photos however this year they wasn’t doing that and you have to take the photo on your phone which is great however it was lovely to be able to buy a professional photo.

The mash and barrel was great the staff were lovely, food was great and the children’s meals had great options so we visited there multiple times during our stay, we visited the south beach cafe once during the week and the food was outstanding, I highly recommend the fish and chips! The ordering system on the haven serve app is great, we ordered our drinks every evening in the entertainment to our tables which was just so much easier whilst keeping an eye on the little ones on the dance floor!

We booked multiple activities during our stay for the little ones, the mini archery was great. I can’t remember the staff members name on Wednesday morning who ran the mini archery session (11th) May however please thank him for us as he was great! And the member of staff working at your swimming pool who sadly I don’t remember his name however he was in a wheelchair he was amazing please thank him for us also! I didn’t come across one rude or unhappy staff member during our stay and surprisingly this week was quite a busy week so a fast paced environment however everyone was great. The staff in the mini market are so lovely also, I recognised many of the staff working here so it’s great to see so many still working there!

The prices on site I thought would be much higher due to everything rising at the moment, however for a holiday park I found the prices very fair, the mash and barrel prices were great, everything on site in all fairness was great. The mini supermarket had everything you need the prices were higher than shops elsewhere however they had so many deals on which was great, we got the majority of our things at the mini supermarket however we did visit the local Tesco for some essentials and to stock up the fridge in the caravan for our stay. Lots of options to eat however I feel like there could be something else so after hearing that the previous Starbucks at Devon cliffs will be becoming slim chickens is great as that would be a great addition to everything else on site.

Overall this is a great holiday park, we was very sad to leave! The WiFi connection at the complex is great and signal is much better there however we couldn’t get any signal at the caravan which being heavily pregnant and needing to contact my consultant was a little difficult So it would be great to see something installed so that we could possibly connect to WiFi or have the option to purchase WiFi at the caravans like previous years. But Everything was great value it was lovely that we could still upgrade our caravan like previous years as this is just a great thing to do on the day if you feel like you would like a higher grade caravan once arriving, the app system is great. Just a small shame about the limited seaside squad entertainment and the previous funstar shows were much better however the entertainment was still great either way! We left wanting to book again straight away, so over the next couple of weeks we will be booking to stay again in September, we would love to stay again sooner however we will be welcoming baby #3 soon so we will be visiting in September with all of them and we really look forward to it!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank OnAir12882419118

Dear OnAir

What can we say! Thank you so much for this wonderful, detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Devon Cliffs. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback, and to re-assure each team that their efforts are appreciated!

We are pleased that the site, van, cleanliness, activities, and more were all to what you required and wanted. We are also superbly pleased to hear that you found the experience to be of great value, and that it was deserving of some well earned time off!

We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back again, and we hope to see you very soon. Don't be too long!

Best

Reviewed 13 May 2022 via mobile

The staff are awful. The bar staff and the security are absurd. They steal handbags by not returning them to the obvious owner, this was witnessed by myself and my partner. One bar staff member was seen handing small clear bags to both fellow staff and holiday guests in capones bar. The staff behind the bars laugh at you if the drink they make is flat or simply completely wrong, making you feel that uncomfortable that you dare not complain. One security member saw me drop money and picked it up until i confronted him to return it. There is a clear and obvious drug problem rife throughout the establishment with many of the staff clearly being a major part of the problem. There are a couple of the staff who could not do enough for you but i could happily name them on a very small list. Also use cash where you can and ALWAYS check your change. They have let the family values down by lettin freinds and family choose their colleagues.

The blue coats were brilliant however and could not do enough for adults and children alike, especially integrating people with disabilities seamlessly.

The caravan itself was a joke. We spent the first afternoon of our holiday cleaning the mess from the previous occupiers. Food, pet hair, dried bodily fluids and an abundance of various human hairs. No cleaning utensils provided, only a moo bucket with a hole in it.

The beach is lovely, so thats a major plus, however anyone suffering from PTSD or suchlike should consider somewhere else as the MOD firing range can be quite nerve provoking for some people.

Everything costs alot there but thats to be expected really. But when you get robbed by the staff because they think you wont notice after a pint then it is a huge laugh behind your back as you leave that is all you will recive for your loyalty towards the company. 27 years attending haven holidays man and boy, never ever again.

To put it simply, I have returned home feeling nothing less than violated. And as an autistic person who suffers from complex mental health issues and learning difficulties, this distressing period of time has only deteriorated my conditions and made me seriosuly reconsider people's trust in the future

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Connor Coombs, Guest Services / Front Office at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2022

Dear Icfcokay,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about this experience, it certainly isn't one that we hope to provide. To be able to fully address everything I will go systematically, and I hope some re-assurance will restore your faith in our company.

With regards to the keeping of bags and other items, I would like to insist that the team do not keep our guests' lost possessions. Should we come across lost property the items are returned to reception, but we do check to see whether the items have any identification which we may use to find the rightful owner.

Your comments regarding our Bar Team's attitude to any issues you experienced are disheartening, and I will be in contact with their Manager due to them. We want to provide a helpful, safe, pleasant experience to our guests and this is not aligned with the experience you had. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.

You'll be pleased to know I have forwarded your kind comments about our Entertainment Team to them, we have to make sure our team know their efforts are appreciated!

We hope you brought the cleanliness issues to our attention, although I cannot comment on the situation specifically without further details. Should this be the case, it is clear we have missed something and we would be happy to move you into a new van, or order a re-clean, whichever is more convenient for yourself.

We do unfortunately have the noise come over from the local MOD site, and whilst we are unable to control their activity (or, indeed, know of when it is happening) we are happy to accommodate our guests in finding them accommodation as far away from the noise as possible. Should you wish to revisit, please do inform us of this by calling the park and we will happily add this request onto your booking.

With regards to your drug issues, we take this very seriously and will be conducting our own internal investigation. We don't, of course, tolerate the use of recreational drugs by our staff on park or off. This is not with our values, safety, etc. and we go through the appropriate disciplinary procedure should we believe our team are involved in illicit activity.

I am sorry overall this was not a pleasant experience, as we hope to cater for all guests. Should you wish to give us another go, please contact our reception team who will be happy to accommodate any requests you might have.

Reviewed 12 May 2022

So very disappointed with this holiday. The Caravan was so disgustingly dirty inside that I had to clean it before we could unpack. We had already been told that the check-in was later due to all Caravans needing a ‘deep COVID clean’, which obviously didn’t happen! The surfaces were covered in crumbs. The shower and bathroom floor had mold, dirt/dust and pubic hair. The ‘clean’ glasses/cups had lipstick and greasy fingerprints on them. The cutlery and draw were so bad that I had to wash every item. The fridge had mold and crumbs. The caravan had not been cleaned for weeks. There was an option to have a staff member contact you if you are not satisfied with the cleanliness of the caravan, I tried, no one contacted us the whole time we were there. I will never return to a Haven site again.

Date of stay: September 2021
3  Thank Lia V
Connor Coombs, Guest Services / Front Office at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

Dear Lia

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the van was not to our usual cleanliness standards, evident by your comments. We truly apologise for this - and that we were unable to be able to resolve your issues. Whilst we certainly do not expect our guests to have to do this, we also do not wish for you to suffer with an unclean van for your entire stay, and so we humbly suggest you come into reception and we will try all we can to resolve your issue.

Regardless, we hope this isn't your last time with us. Should you wish to give us another go, please do contact our Guest Experience (Reception) Team who will be happy to try and accommodate your needs and ensure you get the experience we hope to provide.