“Great food, great staff and great views”
Review of ODE&Co true pizza

ODE&Co true pizza
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Shaldon
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Reviewed 16 August 2017

A rare date night out found us at Ode&Co pizza and we were really impressed with the live music on a Friday night, which was such a nice extra addition. We ordered the meat platter, arancini and mozarella to start which was all really tasty. I had the mussels for main and my husband went for a pizza. Only reason we didn't give this 5 stars is sadly the pizza was bit of a letdown! There was far too much cheese on it, taking it from artisan/stone-baked yumminess to a dirty kebab shop sort of vibe. Real shame as maybe it was just an off night and the other pizzas are better, but I'd recommend working on this aspect seeing as it's ode true pizza!? Desserts are also fab - lemon posset and chocolate torte particularly. Lastly the staff were excellent and when I asked if they did fresh mint tea, waitress said they didn't but then went and found some fresh mint and made me some anyway - wow! We will be back I'm sure next time we are in Devon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We visited here one Saturday lunchtime on a beautiful summers day and sat outside. The views really are the best you can get. Spectacular. We ordered a sharing platter (I can't remember the exact name of the starter) and it was rather underwhelming. Very expensive for what it was in honesty. However our mains later arrived and they were fantastic. There was a mistake with my order but they were very quick to apologise and rectify this. (Gave me a normal pizza instead of a folded one). Every meal was delicious with no complaints. Only other criticism was upon entering the restaurant you're met with the receptionist I assume for the holiday park and her people skills leave a lot to be desired. Then again, I did interrupt her personal call.

Despite these minor issues and the fact that you are paying a slight premium for the view, the food and setting was so great I will be returning here soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I really want to say something good but I was honesty disappointed. Views and staff are great. Pizza took a while to arrive despite not being busy. You'd expect a good selection of house reds and not wine bar prices (I've paid less for a large glass of red on the Kings Road). Chilli oil is not chilli oil and the pizza was bland. Please improve as I'd love to return....

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Just had a very interesting evening at Ode Coast View. After a lovely meal with excellent service we had an eventful hour spent trying to get my son out of an enclosed grassed area outside of the restaurant. A jumper ended up in there and he jumped down to retrieve it. Once he was in there, there was no way out. My 10 year old was trapped. The wonderful young man working in the restaurant tried to get him out only to be scolded by Josh Donald. The owner of the resort. Josh Donald was not only rude to my mother but also to myself, the concerned mother. I tried to explain the situation with the hope of some understanding but was insulted by Mr Donald in the process. I would urge any parent taking their children to the restaurant to be on their guard especially if the 'owner' is around. I am so saddened by the behaviour of the owner when his staff were exceptional. Customer care particularly with regards to our children should be first and foremost. Such a shame one man can ruin it for so many.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Unless you want pizza the menu is firly restricted but I understand this is a new venture in a new location so wrinkles are still bing worked out. That said the staff were obviously well trained and the food we did have was prepared well with locally sourced produced