“Lovely Getaway”
Review of Fern Tor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Molton
Fern Tor
Ranked #10 of 21 South Molton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2014

I had a great stay at Fern Tor & the food was just lovely - a real treat for vegans to go away & not have to worry about food. I stayed in the ground floor room which is more of a holiday apartment with a spacious bedroom with ensuite & seperate lounge with a little dining area & your own private entrance.
The hosts are friendly without being over imposing & they were very relaxed about my dog being off lead in the grounds & were even happy to let me take her in the dining room with me after checking with the other guests.
The animals are obviously well cared for & have so much space just like they should.
Freshly made vegan scones with jam & a pot of loose leaf tea is offered on arrival & is perfect after a long journey, my dog also had a couple of homemade doggie biscuits from Jane. All the little touches make a huge difference like a little vase of freshly cut flowers on your table with every meal & homemade bread & granola.
I very much look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend the ground floor room if you have a dog.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jacqueline P

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely rooms, fantastic food and wonderful hosts.

I highly recommend getting the dinner. We had a delicious vegan meal with starter, main and dessert. Breakfast was grand, as well. Some of the best food I've had!

The rooms were comfy, clean and very welcoming after our long drive from Heathrow.

The host were very friendly and helpful.

It was brilliant to visit with the animals and to know they would live out their lives.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AnnabelleAb
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely hosts, delicious food, comfortable room - it's not some mega boring, bland hotel-type boutique flashy place. Animals seemed to be having a good time as well. If you've only a couple of days to spare, you'll have a relaxing time - if you're there longer, lucky you. Good value as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CritterLondon
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights over the new year. It's great that Fern Tor is doggy friendly as our little Jack Russell loves going away with us! We all enjoyed walking in the peaceful countryside. We had the ground floor room that has its own private entrance which was ideal for when our dog needed to go outside. The bed was really comfortable, the bath was nice and deep and the log fire in our private sitting room kept us warm and cosy.

The food was amazing - I highly recommend the pancakes for breakfast! Loved the tea and fresh scones on arrival. As a vegan and a vegetarian we wanted to give our custom to a veggie business. Cliff and Jane (the owners) were very friendly and helpful. We also loved visiting the various rescue animals and watching all the wildlife that can be found in the garden.

Overall we had the perfect stay and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JessicaCaroline
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying in the top floor master suite in July 2011.
The place is set out of the way- as much is around there! We loved the food and the owners were lovely- even treated us to vegan cream tea on arrival. The only reason I haven't given it a 5 on service is only because the meal times are restricted (you have to pre order your meal) so you have to make sure you are back for a certain time. Not that we minded because the food was gorgeous and you can't expect them to be cooking you up dinner when it's late!
The only reason I didn't give a 5 for location is because it is a tiny, tiny bit difficult to find ( if I remember), and you could hardly get signal on your phone. Otherwise the place is set in an idealic Devon countryside- on a piece of land with rescued farm animals. They are all so lovely and you can go see them up the garden.

Would love to stay here again (now we have a more powerful motor for the hills!) It's a real peaceful vegan paradise!

• Stayed: July 2013