The Hartnoll Hotel
Best Western Tiverton Hotel(Tiverton)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$87
US$124
Angel Guest House(Tiverton)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$56
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Brambles Bed and Breakfast(Tiverton)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$49
Travelodge
US$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewslovely hotelcountry house hotelhead waiterwedding venuesunday lunchnational trustsmall hotelen routefeel very welcomeplenty of parkinglittle gemcream teaone night staybreakfast was excellentwarm welcomeconservatorynelson
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Last August we booked the Hartnoll for our wedding to take place September 2011. All was going well until February this year when we found out through friends that had tried to book a room that they had booked all the bedrooms out to another large party despite the fact that we had provisonally booked them all at the time of booking (and had sent them an e-mail saying this!)
We had a long drawn out e-mail converstaion with the owner and the wedding co-ordinator which resulted in us seeking advise from a Solicitor, the hotel then agreed to return our deposit in full if they could rebook the date and providing that we did not persue legal action and then refused to have any further contact with us until this had happened.
We grudgingly accepted to wait until last week when I found out that they had rebooked the date and contacted them as they had no let us know that they had done so.
They then went back on their word (which I have in writing) to give us a FULL refund and have given us back 50% of our deposit along with a letter saying that if we take the 50% we agree not to persue them for the further 50%.
All this despite the fact that there was no contract in place, (they admitted that we had never signed anything) and we were never made aware that our deposit was non-refundable.
I need the money for my dress as we used the dress money for the deposit on the new venue so have had to accept it, I just want everyone to be aware that this venue appears to be unreliable and to go back on thier word even when they have put things in writing and I don't want other people to get let down like we have been.
In my opinion the owner, in her e-mails has been rude and her customer service skills leave a lot to be desired.
I woud like to say tho that this review is based on facts that I have experienced and my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2011
12  Thank tokahan
hartnollhotel21, Owner at The Hartnoll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

All our wedding couples are given the opportunity to book all or some of the rooms at the time of booking their wedding, provided they are available, but this has to be done with a deposit and the rooms are decomissioned. Some couples pay this and others take a chance that the rooms will be available. In this case some of the family had booked quickly and others did not. I agreed to pay back the deposit if we managed to book another wedding, but unfortunately we only managed to book an evening party, so half of the deposit was given back as i felt was fair, I was not obligated to return any of it. I felt my e mails to Katherine were business like, as were hers to me. I did say to her that if she chose to pursue tjhis through a court, the agreement I made would be withdrawn altogether and court would decide. Claire Carter

Reviewed 22 May 2011

My husband and I were attending a wedding in Cullompton, at a fully booked hotel and had no idea where to stay. Thank heavens (and google) that we found the Hartnoll Hotel. It's a small hotel, full of boutique chic touches and beautifully finished. The staff were very courteous, and made us most welcome. We had a very nice evening meal and a glorious breakfast too. Our room was spotlessly clean and very peaceful. We would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Found this hotel quite by accident, just off the M5, didn't plan a stop off on our way from London to Cornwall. Very pleasantly surprised.
Clean and modern bedrooms, and a fantastic cooked breakfast in the morning. The owner was there and informed us that she has completely refurbished the hotel since she has had it. I have to say she has done a really lovely job and has obviously made it huge success, we were lucky to get a room. Many thanks and look forward to staying again in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 18 April 2011

If you want a brilliant wedding with fabulous food, helpful staff and gorgeous venue you will do no better than the Hartnoll. Perfect for smaller weddings.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had a short break away at this lovely venue for my husband's birthday. Our room was a superior room on the road side of the hotel, which was beautifully decorated, spacious and very clean. Despite the proximity of the road, traffic noise was not a problem. Our friends had a standard double room, which was compact but well thought out with lovely decor and a modern bathroom.
The food was excellent, so much so that we opted to 'eat-in' each evening. The staff were professional, warm and friendly and although they had other functions on the go, were still very attentive to their guests.
The only niggle was that when the function room was in use, the lounge was not available to residents, which meant sitting in the dining area for afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks or after dinner coffee. But I suspect with the renovations planned, this may be overcome and it would not be a reason not to return.
I would definitely recommend this venue for its location, excellent food, great service, cleanliness, comfort and beautiful decor.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
hartnollhotel21, Owner at The Hartnoll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2011

This response is to all the contributors to Trip Advisor for the Hartnoll Hotel:
I and the team are very touched by all of the wonderful comments left for our potential new customers to see. Thank you all very much - I think that Trip Advisor is very healthy for this industry. Best wishes and hope you will come back Claire Carter