“Dog friendly paradise”
Review of The Hartnoll Hotel

The Hartnoll Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
Reviewed 1 August 2017

10 am Saturday morning, needed an emergency trip down to Cornwall but needed a very brief stop near Tiverton on the way...too late to push on so typed in 'Dog Friendly hotels near Tiverton' into my iphone and this little gem turned up...being from London I suppose I may have been a somewhat scary apparition turning up like I did at 300 miles per hour but within 5 minutes I was as chilled as ice after a warm reception, a kind face, excellent facilities and a place to eat with my dog at my side. This place was quite amazing and calmed me down with a nice pint to boot. Ate late and had a really well prepared, tasty and excellently cooked piece of steak and had a chat with some local guests before easing out of the bar and off to bed. Bed was so comfortable too, clean, the facilities excellent. Breakfast in the morning was quite honestly the best. I didnt spot it , but the dog snatched some of my toast and reception roared with laughter...The owners of this relatively small hotel are worthy of every accolade due to them. I cannot fault this Hotel nor its staff in any way. 10 out of 10 for me....and for me that's very very unusual.....im known as the 'Moaner' in my house. I'll probably never visit or pass through that way again (shame) but if you do, I reckon you will NOT be disappointed if you chose to stay here. First Class.
Brad Coles London

Room Tip: The Hotel will be very helpful if you are travelling with a Animal or Disability.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad C

Reviewed 30 July 2017

The hotel staff are welcoming and helpful, Richard especially caught our attention, so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The rooms are clean if a little small, not keen on the glass doors for the showers/wet rooms. The rooms were so hot on our visit a complaint I heard from a few guests. There was no mirror in the room apart from wardrobe doors and not suitable to use as the room was quite dark.
The staff were quite lapse on informing the guests of the itinerary of the days plan.
The prices are quite high in the bar so that was quite disappointing. Our room was £125 a night which is quite expensive but as it was a special family event, it was worth it.
The grounds are lovely and perfect for wedding photos. And although I do not have a dog, it was a nice touch that its dog friendly. The food is also fab quality.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We drove into the hotel car park and was slightly disheartened when we saw the exterior of the main house was a little shabby with paint flaking off the wall and I unkept windows serving the non residential rooms.

The receptionist was pleasant and showed us to our room that was not in the main house but in the gate house, very close to the road.
We walked in and there was a strong smell of musty air freshener. A closer look found rising damp.

The room was modern but we did not want to stay in a damp smelling room.

This is a very old building and I understand that damp may occur, however this wasn't for us.

We popped back to reception and requested another room which was kindly allocated to us in the main house.
The room was nicely decorated with no damp smell. On first inspection it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

We ventured downstairs for a drink and went in the rear lounge area which was really very pleasant, the doors to the garden were open and we ventured into the garden and over the stream which was lovely.

We had drinks in the lounge then went back to the room to freshen up ready for dinner.

The bathroom is poorly laid out, a tiny shower facing straight on to the toilet. There was a nice size bath and jack and Jill sinks. The bathroom should have had a complete different layout, I would much prefer a larger shower and only one sink.

Dinner in the conservatory was really very good and the service from the very pleasant Portuguese waiter exceptional.
We had a lovely evening and throughly enjoyed the food.

The breakfast was a little slow but ok.

We were packing up our room putting towels in the bath for the cleaner..... TOE NAILS were left behind from another guest!!! The evening had been wonderful and this rating would have been a four if it was not for the unfortunate leaving of another humans toe nail clippings.

Attention to this sort of detail is essential!

I did not like the town of Tiverton so would not return. If passing I would certainly et here again.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017

not a fast food place and also not top fine dining however very good decor, very good menu good quality food at a good price not cheap and not dear good service and good quality surroundings , if you are in the area book a table in the conservatory and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicholas l
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We called in this afternoon to see if we might be able to have a cream tea. We did see it advertised on the board outside but didn't know if it might of been too late in the day. The gentleman behind the bar could not of tried any harder he was exceptionally polite and helpful. We took our wonderful cream tea outside in the gardens which was very pleasant. The scones were large and there was plenty of cream and jam served alongside. Halfway through he asked if we would like anything else. He is a real credit to your team. We will return for a meal in the future for sure. Thank you so much, we loved it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
hartnollhotel21, General Manager at The Hartnoll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear FionaAke

Thank you for your 5* review, we really appreciate it!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and that you were well looked after during your visit.

We look look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Wishes

Simon English

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
2.4 km away
Padbrook Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cullompton
5.1 km away
Stoodleigh Court Coach House B&B

Been to The Hartnoll Hotel? Share your experiences!