“poor show”

Kemps Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Price range: US$98 - US$98
Reviewed 20 March 2013

pre booked carvery for a special occasion only to be told they had run out of meat, this i find hard in such a popular place well it was until now who does the ordering minnie mouse.
how on earth does a place like this run out of meat this ruined a wonderful day for me and my family

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I liked the fact that there was a limited choice of dishes available.I am always a bit suspicious when confronted by a double side menu.It can't possibly all be home cooked.
Kemps food was and you could tell.It was served by friendly wait staff and the portion size was just right.
My duck breast was delicious as was my chicken on the following evening.
Breakfast are all cooked to order and piping hot and the butter is in a dish not those horrid little plastic tubs.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here one night. Very comfortable room, and our dinner was very good and well presented. Mains of steak and lambs liver freshly cooked exactly as ordered. Desserts very good. Prices fair and good value for money. And we are foodies!

Reviewed 4 May 2010

Submitted a review for this restaurant last year, couldn't find fault, food, service ambiance excellent. Then, we went for Mothers Day Lunch 2010, the extra tables put in the lounge, the paper napkins, the cold carvery of what had been lovely food, and what happened to the usually scrumptious desserts. I wouldnt have said it was the same chef if I hadnt seen him with my own eyes, this chap has a local reputation for excellent food that is 2nd to none, what has happened? This is my assumption - every fault seemed to be down to cost cutting, I would much rather have paid more money to have had the previous years standard, especially as it was Mothering Sunday. Usual saying don't try and fix it if it aint broke!

1  Thank lucinda770
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Went here soon after it reopened and very much enjoyed the meal and service. However, it is slightly pretentious and the menu reflects this. The meal size is more gourmet than carvery so be warned but it is very well presented. Probably not the best surroundings for children unless impeccably behaved and well mannered. Be prepared to pay for the lavishness.