“X”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The food was below standard and there is always a heavy greasy smell inside - it puts me off eating there again - not impressed at all even service poor

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I love Italian food so I was surprised I had never been to Pasco's before. I'd seen it many times as I had driven through Cottingham over the years but I'd never popped in.

Anyway, for a friend's birthday, a group of 8 of us decided to pay it a visit to see what all t he fuss was about. Upon arriving, it's a traditional Italian - much like Dominic's used to be on Anlaby Common.

We had all pre-ordered a couple of weeks before the night itself to help the kitchen staff out. Though there were several larger parties who didn't pre-order so not 100% sure why this was the case.

We ordered drinks and within 10 minutes of sitting down, our mains arrived - never a good sign. In fact, we had all finished eating our main courses within 30 minutes of sitting down.

I opted for duck served with prunes and marsala wine sauce, chips and vegetables. The main was very disappointing indeed. Tough, over-cooked and fatty duck served with one of the most insipid sauces I've ever had the misfortune of eating. It was overly sweet and for £11.95, vastly overpriced. If I had been alone or with family rather than friends I would've sent it back.

The chips were cheap and frozen and the medley of vegetables felt and tasted like they'd been popped in the microwave a few minutes before serving. A few chopped carrots, a single piece of broccoli and far too many green beans lined the bowl. In fact, nothing across the table looked particularly appetising, though I was told the Lasagne was nice. The Margherita pizza was soggy and anaemic looking and certainly not worth the price.

The service from the majority of people who dealt with us was a little abrupt but I have to give credit to the lady with short blonde hair who was absolutely lovely. She said it was only her second day but she was the only reason Pasco's received two rather than one star. So well done to her, really excellent service with a sense of humour and a smile.

Overall, the food at Pasco's is mightily below par. It tasted like someone had bought some duck from the co-op next door and shoved it in the microwave. Harsh, but true. I won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Have been several times and always had a very good meal.. The food is wonderful, service very friendly. Love going

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I just been there for the time with my girlfriend and what i can say is Amazing food.
Thank to chef Luis for the amazing job the food was 5*. Well recomended

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We went with children and grandson and received a warm welcome and good service. The menu is varied, the food was well presented and tasty.